Pre-reg booklet help :-)
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Pre-reg booklet help :-)

Hello..

First thank you for this great resource I have been reading your site for the last few weeks and it has really helped me :-)

Anyhoo... my pre-reg inspection is on Tuesday at 1pm (eek!!)

Revising the pre-reg booklet... and I am struggling with a couple of questions if anyone can help me?

10. What sources of help might you find for children who were not developing in line with expectations?

and then

18. How will you make sure you meet the space requirements? How will you take into account the needs of children with special needs, such as a physical disability?

Not sure what to put here... as obviosuly I only really have the space that I have and I cant change the house as it is rented...

and finally the last question about evaluating my service. I have put about holding regular meetings with parents..I feel like I should put more but I don't know want.

After 3 days of cleaning and revising like mad my mind is really running a blank..

Hope someone can give me some pointers :-)

Thanks

May 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mindful Mama View Post
    Hello..

10. What sources of help might you find for children who were not developing in line with expectations?

18. How will you make sure you meet the space requirements? How will you take into account the needs of children with special needs, such as a physical disability?

Not sure what to put here... as obviosuly I only really have the space that I have and I cant change the house as it is rented...

and finally the last question about evaluating my service. I have put about holding regular meetings with parents..I feel like I should put more but I don't know want.

After 3 days of cleaning and revising like mad my mind is really running a blank..

Hope someone can give me some pointers :-)

Thanks
    Think about the sorts of things that might be a problem for children not developing. E.g. Could delayed speech be linked to hearing? Who would you advise the parents might contact for help with speech and/or hearing?
    If a child is below expected developmental band for physical movement (perhaps not walking or maybe having trouble picking up small objects), which other professional would you advise parents to see?

Space requirements, you need to measure your useable areas. Look in Free Resources tab at the top of the Forum and there's an info sheet from Sarah Neville explaining how to measure and calculate the area.
    Special needs: how would you accommodate a child in a wheelchair, for example? Ramps up steps? Would it even be possible? Be realistic. My house has steps up and down everywhere so my answer was that I wouldn't be able to accept a child in a wheelchair.

Finally, evaluating your service. Questionnaires! To parents and children (if old enough to answer).

Good luck! Don't forget to let us know how you get on.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you that has really helped.

Eek! I am so nervous! Can't wait until tomorrow is over. :-)

Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD! Hurrah
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Thank you that has really helped.

Eek! I am so nervous! Can't wait until tomorrow is over. :-)
    You will be fine. Come back and tell us how it went

Aug 15
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Question

Hi,I was just reading through this thread as I'm going to be submitting my application to ofsted soon.was looking for info on what you have to have ready etc for there visit and came across this thread re a booklet could you point me in the right direction please.
    Also any other advise would be brill.

Thanks
    Emma

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

That helped me out too I need to finish my pre reg booklet.

Hope it all goes well

Post Thanks / Like

Wahoo, the inspection went really well.

She turned up, had a quick glance around the house. Asked me lot of questions about safe guarding and potential activities.
    I think my 14 month old helped as he was really well behaved and a real flirt haha

She left telling me I should be receiving my certificate in the post in the next couple of weeks

Thank you all for your help :-)

Mummyemma - I think you can get the booklet from the Ofsted website :-)

Mar 14
    Post Thanks / Like

Wahoo, the inspection went really well.

She turned up, had a quick glance around the house. Asked me lot of questions about safe guarding and potential activities.
    I think my 14 month old helped as he was really well behaved and a real flirt haha

She left telling me I should be receiving my certificate in the post in the next couple of weeks

Thank you all for your help :-)

Mummyemma - I think you can get the booklet from the Ofsted website :-)
    Great news Mindful Mama, welcome and good luck