Lords question childcare providers and organisations on 'Affordable Childcare'
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  7
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Simona Guest

Default Lords question childcare providers and organisations on 'Affordable Childcare'

Registered Childminder since
    Mar 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Simona

Mar 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Arggghhhh not working on iPad

Dec 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Thanks for the link Simona - very interesting

The more I hear and see of Neil Leitch, the more I love that guy!
    He must be one of the most passionate people I've come across, and it is so obvious that he cares!

Where were PACEY? Were they at an earlier meeting?

5. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Mar 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I think many of us are impressed with Neil, he's usually first to speak out.

Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Smiley View Post
    I think many of us are impressed with Neil, he's usually first to speak out.
    I am glad this is going on...
    I was at a recent PLA meeting and we discussed it....a real look at the cost of childcare not just the usual 'affordable' rhetoric but what does it actually cost to deliver high quality

I do have one reservation though....this is a matter that touches us all ...so I would have liked to have seen all the 4 associations representing us as we now have a choice of membership...as they did for the agencies meeting with Truss

I am also worried that Family and Daycare Trust will be there to represent parents and put their opinion forward ...although they have pressed for funding to be reviewed
    Look out for DC imminent report on cost of childcare due out soon...they were busy on twitter today asking parents how much holiday care costs

I look forward to the findings of the Lords enquiry

Dec 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Purnima Tanuku of the NDNA I thought was very good when she brought up the discrepancies between what the government were allocating to the early years and what was actually making it to the front line (providers)
    The committee seemed genuinely surprised that the EY fund was being used by LA's for other things, and the LA's were actually cutting providers rates to below £3 in some areas.
    Let's hope the EY fund DOES get ringfenced, as was suggested.

I also laughed my head off when Neil and Purnima were asked about Ofsted pmsl.

Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddleywinks View Post
    Purnima Tanuku of the NDNA I thought was very good when she brought up the discrepancies between what the government were allocating to the early years and what was actually making it to the front line (providers)
    The committee seemed genuinely surprised that the EY fund was being used by LA's for other things, and the LA's were actually cutting providers rates to below £3 in some areas.
    Let's hope the EY fund DOES get ringfenced, as was suggested.

I also laughed my head off when Neil and Purnima were asked about Ofsted pmsl.
    Thank you so muck for the feedback....are you able to share the link as I was not aware it went live...if not I will tweet to PLA and ask to be circulated

Does it not surprise you that the LORDS...who were mostly politicians .....or heavily involved in politics do not know the basics of politics??...that happened with the agencies as well when they had to be told Ofsted actually inspect CMs???...looks like there are still gaps in their knowledge but lets remain positive

Dec 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Simona View Post
    Thank you so muck for the feedback....are you able to share the link as I was not aware it went live...if not I will tweet to PLA and ask to be circulated
    It was during the second half of the live broadcast you posted above, so sometime after 11.30 lol

I'm afraid very little is surprising me these days

Simona Guest

It was during the second half of the live broadcast you posted above, so sometime after 11.30 lol

I'm afraid very little is surprising me these days
    Thank you I found it ...my brain was not working properly due to the heat maybe?
    I shall watch later

12. Likes Kiddleywinks liked this post
    Simona Guest

14. Likes Kiddleywinks liked this post
    Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the link Simona - very interesting

The more I hear and see of Neil Leitch, the more I love that guy!
    He must be one of the most passionate people I've come across, and it is so obvious that he cares!

Where were PACEY? Were they at an earlier meeting?
    What some of you may not be aware of is that all the membership organisations are working together now and they may not all be at every meeting all the time. That does not mean they are not doing anything. They are all contributing, fighting and supporting.

16. Likes mum26 liked this post
    Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by rickysmiths View Post
    What some of you may not be aware of is that all the membership organisations are working together now and they may not all be at every meeting all the time. That does not mean they are not doing anything. They are all contributing, fighting and supporting.
    In this case only PLA is giving evidence ...this is not a 'meeting' it is more than that...it is a kind of research on how much it really costs to deliver high quality childcare
    What the outcome will be we will have to wait and see

Simona Guest

This is what the Lords Select Committee is trying to establish in their call for evidence on affordable childcare

http://www.parliament.uk/documents/l...r-Evidence.pdf