Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    July07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Late fees...urgh

After payment hasn't been made again by a particular parent (due on 1st) I'm now putting a late fee into future contracts as I'm getting tired of having to ask for my money. It's so draining and making a bitter relationship as every month without fail I have to ask for it. She must think I do this for fun or a hobby

It shouldn't be like this, I'm sure her boss pays her every month
    The amount owed is just over £50 so not a huge amount and without sounding patronising to families who don't have a lot of cash.....the families I work with all have a lot of it so making payments shouldn't be a problem.

Anyway, the question is I've just given parent a new contract as her sons hours are changing but I gave her this a few weeks ago. It didn't have the late fees in it so do I:

Give her a new contract or
    Just write a letter stating that late fees of £5 per day are being put into force from September and get her to sign it?
    Time Out.. The perfect time for thinking about what you're going to destroy next.

Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    over it ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like

I think I would send a letter to all families stating from x date late fees of x per day will apply from 2nd of the month

3. Likes Goatgirl liked this post
    sept 07
    Post Thanks / Like

Just do up a new late fee policy with a letter to parents saying from 1st Aug late fee of £X per day will be added to all bills whig do not reach my account by X date
    Tess1981

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

My contracts do state that I will charge 10% per day of outstanding monies but I didn't used to charge it however after repeatedly being paid late a couple of years ago I wrote to all parents saying that as of the 1st of the month I would be adhering to my contracts and charging it. I then had to charge 2 parents, 1 parent ended up owing me over £70 in late fees. The other parent phoned me to question it and then tried to use the excuse that they were on holiday when payment was due. I told her in no uncertain terms that that was not my problem and I bet the bank wouldn't accept them paying their mortgage late due to being on holiday. I have not been paid late again but if I am I will not hesitate to charge it.
    Write to your parents with a new late fees policy and then implement it.
    xxxx

6. Likes Goatgirl liked this post