Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Stress

Registered Childminder since
    sept 10
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Stress

Two of my mindees mums are pregnant. Amazing due a day apart. If I keep them both on it takes me up to 5 under 5s and I want another of my own. Am contemplating an assistant. I'm stressing tho as it could go swimmingly or go horribly wrong.

I could get assistant and them parents don't go back to work
    Not get assistant and then need one
    The three eldest would start nursery around the same time they finish maternity and they could all clash

What to do what to do

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Maybe tentatively look into getting an assistant or have someone in mind. But wait until you know what is happening before worrying about it. Easier said than done I know, but these things often work themselves out.
    Xxx

Pre-Reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe look into getting one then taking them on with a 0 hour contract/bank ie when ever is needed. You have a while to think about it and set up if needed. Don't rush anything just yet, good luck x

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

i'd chill for a while honey. firstly - it's a long way off and there's no way of telling what the mum's will decide to do. Also, in theory you could have 5 under 5 - but would you want to??? depends on the ages of the older children. I'll be honest I did 4 under 4 (well 4 under 3 for a year and then 4 under 4) for a year and it was the most exhausting 2 years of my CM career. 5 sounds too much to me but maybe I'm a wimp

I'd say let's play it by ear. You can't guarantee anything at the moment. Consider what you'll do on mat leave periods - will they both want to reduce days? If so, can you afford to do that for 2 full time children. If you can't reduce as much as they want you too you might fidn they 'leave' and take a chance the place will be free anyway - if they can't afford to retain the place.

Sorry, reading back that sounds all doom and gloom but you need to consider how you will manage financially and practically and they certainly will do which might affect their actions on maternity leave. xx
    if you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got

5. Likes funemnx liked this post
    sept 10
    Post Thanks / Like

Both plan on staying with me two days out of three whilst on maternity leave which I'm happy with.

So can I have five. As the three eldest will be at nursery at various times the clash for five will be reasonably small but I thought four was the Limit even for continuity of care. One is doing two full days and a half day at nursery so realistically he's only coming for wrap around care whereas the two others will do either mornings or afternoons whichever fits best at the time

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by munch149 View Post
    Both plan on staying with me two days out of three whilst on maternity leave which I'm happy with.

So can I have five. As the three eldest will be at nursery at various times the clash for five will be reasonably small but I thought four was the Limit even for continuity of care. One is doing two full days and a half day at nursery so realistically he's only coming for wrap around care whereas the two others will do either mornings or afternoons whichever fits best at the time
    In theory yes under continuity of care.

However ofsted don't seem to like it from what we are seeing in reports. As you know the emphasis has shifted for inspections to development and education so if the inspector thinks all you are doing is providing care (Nappies, food, cleaning) while you have all 5 then they could mark you down
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

sept 10
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool thanks I wouldn't want to do it much anyway to be honest but if it was purely the sake of an hour and a half a day I think I would do it