Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Registered Childminder since
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Who would u move?!!

Ok so conundrum here.. I have five smallies throughout the week

1. Three days a week, actively looking to move out of area
    2. Two days a week, dad on temp contract
    Til June, but mum expecting baby aug,
    Won't be in position to pay me while on maternity so leaving either June or July
    3. Five / six days a month, leaving mid may but mum hoping to finish earlier as pregnant and not feeling well

Have also lost one at Christmas left the country, so have been advertising

Have had two viewings for a four day a week space, both Monday to Thursday which is what I want. One last night definitely wants me for An as soon as possible start (min 4 weeks as has to give nursery notice) has been looking for a space with me for a while. One earlier in week seemed very keen but was seeing someone else later this week, said would come back to me at weekend (April start)

In an ideal world would love to take on both of these two as I already have one monday to Thursday and would like Fridays off and just to deal with three sets of parents! Has been bitty part timers last year hard fitting everyone around everyone! I don't know for sure mum 2 wants me but mum one is pushing me for a start
    Date and what I do depends on whether mum 2 wants me!

The above little ones all seem to be definitely leaving me (suppose there is a slim chance mindee 1 may not move out of area) my problem is they don't really intend on leaving by the time the new people want me!

To fit mum one in I have to either let someone go or move someone's days. Problem is if I take on mum 2, will have to let them go AFTER moving their days which I really don't want to do. Rather a clean break if I am going to have to, than messing then around

Before anyone is judgemental ! Just to say we really need all my money and for me to be full, can't survive on hubby's money. Wouldn't take someone on knowing I would let them go if something better comes along but since they are all leaving anyways am considering terminating early if something to suit comes along .. Business head on!!

So I guess leaving aside the mum 2 who may or may not want me, I can fit mum one in if I move mindee one or two. Do I move the one who is definitely going but not for six months, who is only two days a week, or the one who may or may not go but if she does will be soonish I imagine and is three days a week?! New days won't particularly suit mindee two, she was on Monday Tuesday but has family help out and Monday didn't work so well for them . But then it's not for that long as she will be off on maternity !! Aarrgghh really hate this job sometimes!!

If you are still with me please advice!! (And won't be asking parents will be telling them cos I asked parents before to move days and they said no and I missed a potential contract only for them to dump me four months later!)

Sorry sorry sorry for long post!!

Sept 13
    Non childminder member
    PRE-REG
    Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=murphf;1336230]Ok so conundrum here.. I have five smallies throughout the week

1. Three days a week, actively looking to move out of area
    2. Two days a week, dad on temp contract
    Til June, but mum expecting baby aug,
    Won't be in position to pay me while on maternity so leaving either June or July
    3. Five / six days a month, leaving mid may but mum hoping to finish earlier as pregnant and not feeling well

Have also lost one at Christmas left the country, so have been advertising

Have had two viewings for a four day a week space, both Monday to Thursday which is what I want. One last night definitely wants me for An as soon as possible start (min 4 weeks as has to give nursery notice) has been looking for a space with me for a while. One earlier in week seemed very keen but was seeing someone else later this week, said would come back to me at weekend (April start)

In an ideal world would love to take on both of these two as I already have one monday to Thursday and would like Fridays off and just to deal with three sets of parents! Has been bitty part timers last year hard fitting everyone around everyone! I don't know for sure mum 2 wants me but mum one is pushing me for a start
    Date and what I do depends on whether mum 2 wants me!

The above little ones all seem to be definitely leaving me (suppose there is a slim chance mindee 1 may not move out of area) my problem is they don't really intend on leaving by the time the new people want me!

To fit mum one in I have to either let someone go or move someone's days. Problem is if I take on mum 2, will have to let them go AFTER moving their days which I really don't want to do. Rather a clean break if I am going to have to, than messing then around

Before anyone is judgemental ! Just to say we really need all my money and for me to be full, can't survive on hubby's money. Wouldn't take someone on knowing I would let them go if something better comes along but since they are all leaving anyways am considering terminating early if something to suit comes along .. Business head on!!

So I guess leaving aside the mum 2 who may or may not want me, I can fit mum one in if I move mindee one or two. Do I move the one who is definitely going but not for six months, who is only two days a week, or the one who may or may not go but if she does will be soonish I imagine and is three days a week?! New days won't particularly suit mindee two, she was on Monday Tuesday but has family help out and Monday didn't work so well for them . But then it's not for that long as she will be off on maternity !! Aarrgghh really hate this job sometimes!!

If you are still with me please advice!! (And won't be asking parents will be telling them cos I asked parents before to move days and they said no and I missed a potential contract only for them to dump me four months later!)

Sorry sorry sorry for long post!![/QUOT

Instead of asking to move their days TELL them you now have only xxx available and are giving 4 weeks notice to change of days, how about that? Then they take or leave

3. Likes Maza liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for your reply! Writing it down and your response really helped clarify it for me!

Since mum 1 has to give four weeks notice to creche I rang her this pm and said I could start him four weeks from when I get deposit and contracts but would need 4 weeks as have to rearrange another parent..but earliest I could start was 5 weeks time the 3rd march. This I think gives me a week to follow up other parent who might want the space and build up courage to give existing parents notice of change of days (take it or leave it as you say!) or notice to leave..if other mum wants me I will give notice, horrible as it is they are leaving and I can't wait for them to all leave at different times as I will either be left down money or filling odd days here and there all over the place

Mum one happy with that , had said she would. Like to come again at weekend as she would like to see garde and where dog is in daylight which is fair enough but a bit grr as garden is a bit messy at mo with the weather and Los are just using the decking so will have to spend time at weekend getting it in order but she will pay deposit then if happy and give notice to creche on Monday

Happy in my head this is best way to do it so thank you for taking time to reply!!

Nov 09
    Post Thanks / Like

I would probably give notice to 1 and 3 as 2 may be future business when the baby comes along :0)

6. Likes unalindura77 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by candy cat View Post
    I would probably give notice to 1 and 3 as 2 may be future business when the baby comes along :0)
    Hmm that's an interesting view on it! Don't think she will pay while on maternity ESP as Lo is due for the free nursery year in sept so will get 5 mornings a week out of the house, but if I keep her to the end she may come back later hmmmm!

Think it hinges really on whether mum one wants me, will follow up today, if not I will probably do that!

Sept 13
    Non childminder member
    PRE-REG
    Post Thanks / Like

Aw I'm so glad I could help, I know how you feel it really isn't easy finding a balance between doing the honorable thing (when no one does it for you) and having a business head.

Wish you all the best, and yes it's SO annoying when you have to get everything ready like you say, your garden.

All the best!

Sept 13
    Non childminder member
    PRE-REG
    Post Thanks / Like

Personally I hate those 'second visits' and find them draining!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by unalindura77 View Post
    Personally I hate those 'second visits' and find them draining!
    Inside I was going 'nnnooooo'!!!! Though I was saying 'yes of course that's no problem' lol!!!

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I would definitely hold off doing anything until mum has been back, signed everything and paid the deposit.

I'm more than happy with the second visits that want to bring the dad along, or the second visit because they want to get signed up.
    I'd be much more wary of the 'definitely wants you' second visit who 'just' wants to check out the garden and the dog. What if they're not happy with one or the other?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    I would definitely hold off doing anything until mum has been back, signed everything and paid the deposit. I'm more than happy with the second visits that want to bring the dad along, or the second visit because they want to get signed up. I'd be much more wary of the 'definitely wants you' second visit who 'just' wants to check out the garden and the dog. What if they're not happy with one or the other?
    Yes I have to say I have never had this before but am kinda surprised I haven't .. Our dog is a German shepherd and have signed people up before who have never met her or seen the garden as they have come in the evening when dark! She is bringing her mum who will be doing some of the pick ups so don't know if she is fussy... Baby has been moved from one creche to another and parents not been happy with either.. Sugar as I am writing this am wondering if I have an over fussy parent who will be a nightmare on my hands!! She seemed relaxed though the other night..: aarrgghh!!

13. Likes primula liked this post
    Apr 05
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh dear if baby has been moved around, it doesn't sound too good, but perhaps a cm is what mum needs.

Back to your original post I am assuming you are flexible for 3, so would just tell parents that you are having to change the contract and puck can only offer certain days. 1 May not move and it may take time and 2 has potential for baby to come if mum goes back to work in the future

aug 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

I would wait until they sign then give notice to 1 and3. Good luck with the clean up. You have had so much rain it will be hard.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks all, yes Jackie big job cleaning up the Garden, have just been using the decking with the gate shut for the little ones now it's wetter!

Anyways, she came today with mum, didn't bring contract or deposit as has run into problems sorting care for him for Fridays but really wants to send him to me, she was very complimentary and granny was lovely., after all the hard work they didn't go out in garden as it was snowing! But could see from window and were happy with where dog was. Have agreed to look after him Fridays until end of may, then they are ok for the summer and we are all hoping by sept they might be able to sort something. So she is coming back tomorrow with deposit and contract! Am very happy, starts 3rd march

Then, had text from mum one who says Lo is in hospital with infection and won't be out Til tomorrow earliest, and so she won't see the other minder Til later in week. I text back Saying hope Lo ok, have filled one of my two spaces but would like to give her first refusal on the second one so if she can come back to me by Friday.

So will see don't think she will make up baby in Hosp but she is obviously in no rush to decide on care, not that I blame her! If I know by Friday I have time to rearrange or give notice so I think I will just have to hold fire!!

Hope I haven't scared her off putting a time scale on it but like I said before I need to not rearrange people and then also have to give notice it's one or the other so need to know!

Post Thanks / Like

Well after all ****** that! She came last night with contract and deposit, all happy blah blah and dog was in kitchen, she didn't want to meet her said she was lovely etc and has just this minute rang to say she can't get over dog and now isn't gonna go with me! Will give deposit back since it was only last night can't in conscience keep it, luckily haven't yet given notice to parents as was waiting to hear from other mum (her Lo was in Hosp at weekend so waiting Til end of week)

Aaarrrrhghhh!!!

Just had enquiry for twin boys aged 1 just moving to our road so dunno

Post Thanks / Like

What a waste of a weekend we killed ourselves getting garden tidy.. Am so cross

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

That is very annoying.

If you are going to refund the deposit I would take something out to cover the cost of the paperwork.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    That is very annoying. If you are going to refund the deposit I would take something out to cover the cost of the paperwork.
    Luckily I do my own contracts and I emailed it to her and she printed it herself so no costs really just the time to do the garden and meet with her three times .. Once on initial visit, once with granny to see where dog is and last night she was here an hour chatting and bringing contract and deposit

Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Interesting situation, given the thought parents had put into choosing you. Something evey CM with a dog needs to keep in mind.
    I have been clear that my lab is part of the family, those who have been unsure about dogs I have said on initial visit that I don't think it will work if they are not happy around dogs.

Deposit wise if you paid for a holiday, car, etc... And then decided the next day you didn't want it...you would not get your deposit back.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FloraDora View Post

Deposit wise if you paid for a holiday, car, etc... And then decided the next day you didn't want it...you would not get your deposit back.
    Yes, a mum of mine decided to put her child in a private nursery. She signed up & paid the registration fee, then changed her mind & cancelled the next day. She didn't get any of her money back.

Post Thanks / Like

The dad is a solicitor so don't think I will argue that one,, would have done if I had rearranged or given notice to other parents

I did check about the dog before she even
    Came and again at first visit, and given reassurance since! Don't know what else I could
    Have done really .....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast