Notice boards and Ofsted poster?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  10
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Glitter Guest

Default Notice boards and Ofsted poster?

Hello everyone.

After having nearly two weeks off work I have decided I prefer my house not cluttered up with child minding equipment (especially as I am only working part time at the moment). I have decided to get rid of some of the equipment I don't use (do I need three single pushchairs?) and try to make it easier to put everything away at the end of the day so it is out of sight.

I am hoping to get a smaller notice board so it will be less conspicuous. Does any one know if I can edit the Ofsted poster to remove the photo so it will take up less space? And what other information do we have to have on a notice board?

Thank you to anyone who can help.

2. Likes Maza liked this post
    Registered Childminder since
    Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD! Hurrah
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Pretty sure you can't remove anything from the Ofsted poster

Glitter Guest

Bother. Looks like the whole thing will have to go on the notice board.

Thanks for your answer.

Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I have my Ofsted poster, reg certificate, insurance, etc, etc. all displayed in a clear plastic hanging thingy which is designed to display A4 sized children's paintings, etc. They're available in some of the EY resources catalogues. I hang it on the door when working, but can remove it anytime, such as when we have visitors.

...............like anyone would be crazy enough to come here for dinner.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Could you print the post off as A5 size instead of A4?

7. Likes rickysmiths liked this post
    jan 95
    Post Thanks / Like

I thought you only have to have the poster and your reg.certificate. I would imagine you can make the poster smaller if you want. I think the best way is to have it hanging so it can be taken down each day. I am a childminder not a nursery lol.

9. Likes Maza liked this post
    Jan 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

I was led to believe

Ofsted reg certificate
    Ofsted poster
    Pli certificate
    First aid

Deb
    Children are born with wings we help them to fly.

Oct 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Only reg certificate and parent poster are legal requirements the rest are good practice though. I really must print my new insurance certificate out to put on my board..only had it since October now!
    If you do not hope, you will not find what is beyond your hopes

Sept 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Omg what OFSTED poster?!!!!
    I don't have one! On my notice board is OFSTED certif, insurance details, 1st aid certif and fire escape plan.
    No certificate though?! Where do I get one since I'm now panicking hugely!
    Kelly xx

13. Likes Maza liked this post
    Sept 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

http://www.ofsted.gov.uk/filedownloa...re.pdf&refer=0
    Is this the one we need? Can't believe I didn't know we had to have one x
    Kelly xx

Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    over it ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes Kelly that is the one you need x

16. Likes kellyskidz! liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Could you put your notice board by your front door when you are working?

nov 12
    Post Thanks / Like

My certificates are blutac to the wall at the far end of my front room.....u can see it as you close the middle door...once u come in the front door iyswim.....I dont have a notice board...but as my dd6 likes to draw amd put pictures on the wall herself dh is happy for a non permanent one...ie a frame on the wall and pictues up with blutac

Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by kellyskidz! View Post
    http://www.ofsted.gov.uk/filedownloa...re.pdf&refer=0
    Is this the one we need? Can't believe I didn't know we had to have one x
    Panic not...The only new thing on the new poster are the last 2 lines with the Family Information Service number!!!

Ofsted recommend the poster 'SHOULD' be displayed...it does not say MUST
    I know we all display it but would it be wrong if we printed one and gave it to the parents?? another issue to interpret and worry about !

Ofsted | Poster for parents: childcare

Sept 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Simona View Post
    Panic not...The only new thing on the new poster are the last 2 lines with the Family Information Service number!!!

I know we all display it but would it be wrong if we printed one and gave it to the parents?? another issue to interpret and worry about !

Thanks printed one today to be safe but I was thinking I'd done something wrong in not displaying it to begin with xx
    Kelly xx

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Simona View Post

Interesting. I hadn't thought to do this. Though at the beginning of Ofsted I never had my Certificate on the wall. I used to give a copy to my parents and get them to sign they had had it. That was apparently fine for 10 years and then I was told to have it on the wall! I fail to see who it is on the wall for!!! I know what is on it, I have a copy in the parent information folder I show all prospective parents and all Contracted parents still get a copy of it along with my Ofsted Report. Why on earth we need it on the wall for I have no idea

If you have any Assistants, even if you don't pay or employ them, you legally have to display your Employer's Liability Insurance Certificate though there is no requirement to display the PLI Cert.

Dec 02
    Post Thanks / Like

I do not have mine on the wall. It is a very outdated practice.

Please let me share my thoughts.

I have a certificate sent to me by Ofsted.

A year down the line , I decide I do not want to pay my registration fee/insurance/training etc. or something happens, and I am deregistered!

I am now no longer a registered childminder, but I still have my certificate on my wall claiming that I am. Even if Ofsted or local authority asked for the cleric ate back, I could easily have taken a copy!

Parents may think i am a registered childminder because i have my certificate up.

I personally think, that only your online Ofsted details are valid.

I also give my parents a copy of the parents poster when they start.

(Ps - I do keep my certificate and poster as the first two pages of my daily file, so they are easily shown if asked for)

23. Likes lilac_dragon liked this post
    Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by k1rstie View Post
    I do not have mine on the wall. It is a very outdated practice.

Please let me share my thoughts.

I have a certificate sent to me by Ofsted.

A year down the line , I decide I do not want to pay my registration fee/insurance/training etc. or something happens, and I am deregistered!

I am now no longer a registered childminder, but I still have my certificate on my wall claiming that I am. Even if Ofsted or local authority asked for the cleric ate back, I could easily have taken a copy!

Parents may think i am a registered childminder because i have my certificate up.

I personally think, that only your online Ofsted details are valid.

I also give my parents a copy of the parents poster when they start.

(Ps - I do keep my certificate and poster as the first two pages of my daily file, so they are easily shown if asked for)
    Good points...the info on the Ofsted parents poster or our certificate can easily be found by parents when they log in to the website as you say...that is where I would direct them rather than all this red tape about hanging things on the wall

I have never seen any school display a certificate that tells parents they are 'registered to teach' so why do we have to spell out we are 'registered to care' when all the info and proof is already available?

25. Likes rickysmiths, FloraDora, lilac_dragon liked this post
    Sept 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I didn't use to display my certificate and on inspection Mrs O picked me up on it and put it as an action, fast forward 3 years to next inspection I still hadn't put it up, Mr O asked about it and said it should be up and was not happy it wasn't as actioned on last inspection, So I got it out in polly pocket and stuck it on a nail She was now a happy lady and didn't mark me down for it.

It has been on the same nail for nearly 4 years now (although took it down For Xmas and not gone back up yet oops ) It will go back up Monday and inside it behind certificate is my Ofsted Poster.
    Cath

27. Likes FloraDora liked this post
    Jun 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I have the ofsted posted and certificate only. Parent have a copy of my pli, and I have no fire escape map to display. Frankly, if you needed a fire escape map in my house, you'd have bigger problems that a fire to contend with.
    Apologies for the random full stops. Phone buttons too small, thumbs too big.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast