Updating Paperwork: Ofsted inspection (Evidence of Children's Progress)
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    July13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Updating Paperwork: Ofsted inspection (Evidence of Children's Progress)

Hi everyone,
    Thanks for reading. I have recently updated my folder so that my learning journals and evidence of progress is up to date. After a meeting with a member of the borough I have used an EYFS tracker and linked their progress to observations to see trends. This is not my ultimate way of tracking (I'm also trying to think about the whole child) but am reading lots about Early Years Outcomes and now wondering if I should amend my tracker and re-do. Also in terms of evidence I feel like from now on it might be best to cross reference to the EYO framework instead.
    Any advice gratefully received as trying not to muddle myself.
    Ultimately I know that I'm doing the best I can with the children in my care and feel confident that they are progressing- just frightened I'll get penalised because it's not in the correct format!
    Thanks a lot,
    Gemma x

(PS Got a call to say OFSTED will be in touch in the next week or two)

July13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

After some reading around I feel a bit clearer, please no worries about responding, not sure how to delete a post x

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

No need to delete! It's a good question and I am sure lots of others are asking the same thing.

As Ofsted inspectors are asking cms for Early Years Outcomes we are advising our members to use it from now onwards.

However, Development Matters is full of good practice and guidance for the learning characteristics etc and should be used alongside it

Oct 97
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm just referencing to EYO with anything new and have left everything else referring to DM, I use other books to make links with too ofsted have never said anything as they are all non statutory I don't think they can mark you down for it as long as the info is valid.

July13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks so much to you both! Have just re-shuffled my weekly observation template now so it's in the order of Early Years Outcomes instead of DM. Appreciate the comments and I'll leave what I've got to date. It's a waste too re-do I suppose!
    Tracker is a bit of a pain as I've just done that but think I can probably paste over info into an EYO tracker when I next need to.
    Fab! Thanks x

6. Likes sarah707 liked this post