Baby days website
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: ****** website

Post Thanks / Like

Default ****** website

Hello I have just heard of this website that's good for childminders to record things like diarys etc. Does anyone use it & it is easy to use? Think it looks like its £9.99 a month.

Registered Childminder since
    may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry your website name has been starred out so not sure which company you are refering to. Some childminders do use e-journals, Orbit is one and there is an app you can use on your phone called 2simple. I went to a Early years provider cluster meeting this week where a Pre-school manager told us about a system called "Tapestry" it costs about £30 a year for up to 60 children - so your cost of £9.99 a month seems very expensive. The manager did demonstrate it and it seemed similar to Orbit but easier to navigate.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

There are a few packages available now, some of them are completely free. It might be worth trying one of those first to see if an online package suits you. I did the free trial of one of the paid ones and found it just wasn't for me. I prefer the old fashioned pen & paper method!

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you will have to have a look in to them. ****** does have a trial so might see what it's like but yes it does seem expensive. A free one would be good.

Registered Childminder since
    Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    over it ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like

i use the one you mentioned and I have to say i think it is worth every penny. It does the daily diary, observations, invoicing, end of year finances, contracts, RA's and on and on.

I would say see how you feel after using the trial.

6. Likes lilac_dragon liked this post