Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Prepared baby foods - info to share with parents

If you look after babies or small children who eat pre-prepared food, parents might be interested in the results of this study taken from the latest ECU bulletin.

I will add it to my next newsletter

Nutritional content of infant commercial weaning foods
    This University of Glasgow study aimed to describe the types of commercial infant foods
    available in the UK and provide an overview of their taste, texture and nutritional content in
    terms of energy, protein, carbohydrates, fat, sugar, iron, sodium and calcium. Findings
    suggest that manufactured baby foods are less nutritious than home-made meals. The
    survey of almost 500 baby products found that many were high in sugar, and babies would
    need to eat twice as much of them to obtain the same energy and protein contained in
    normal family meals.
    Ada L. Garcia and others. Nutritional content of infant commercial weaning foods in the UK.
    Archives of Disease in Childhood, Online first, 9 September 2013.
    Nutritional content of infant commercial weaning foods in the UK -- García et al. -- Archives of Disease in Childhood

Registered Childminder since
    Nov 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Very Good
    Post Thanks / Like

My hubby was just telling me about this today - thanks for the link xx