Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Chores

Registered Childminder since
    May 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Chores

My 9yr old before school mindee came for a day session yesterday. He very proudly told me he no longer watches telly in the morning but now does chores and that he and my own children should do the same here.

So Ladies and Gents, any suggestions of what to assign them?

2. Likes Roseolivia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

My own 8 year old gets the breakfast things ready in the morning and he sometimes does the hoovering and brings the bins in for me. He's quite good at putting a wash on too. All when he can be bothered tho lol

Oct 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Wash the brekkie pots
    Make the beds.
    Sweep the floor
    Give them a duster
    love Sarah.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tealady View Post
    My 9yr old before school mindee came for a day session yesterday. He very proudly told me he no longer watches telly in the morning but now does chores and that he and my own children should do the same here.

Can I have him please.....

6. Likes Goatgirl liked this post
    May 11
    Post Thanks / Like

My kids empty the dishwasher every morning and make sure there is toilet roll, soap and face cloths in the downstairs toilet. They have other jobs to do but they do them after school and weekend

sep 08
    Post Thanks / Like

My 4 yr old mindee started school this week and makes his own packed lunch at home before he comes here!

May 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tealady View Post

Wow, your children are going to love him!!!!!!

Chores: make your bed (pjs folded under the pillow), get snacks and other stuff ready for school, unload and then reload the dishwasher, making sure to empty clean crockery out before loading dirty!

dec 08
    Post Thanks / Like

Gosh what a lovely thing for him to say, have to say though I'm just to OCD to get the kids to do stuff, emptying my dishwasher!!!!!, everything would be smashed, they can't reach where anything goes so all they could do really is put the clean pots on the side, don't see the point tbh.
    Emptying bins a no no because of bacteria and everything as I dettol the bin after every bag and they just wouldn't do it, hoovering well the dyson ball is so heavy to manover they can't do that, I do there lunches as I need to know what's going in it, making there beds errrr no I like it done properly everything of sheets straightened duvet and pillows fluffed etc, they have clean pjs every night anyway so can't even do that so really no mine don't do anything but I'm just really fussy, I'd rather do it myself and then I know it's done properly, but that's just me, I'm abit weird lol. X

11. Likes fionamal liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nikki thomson View Post
    Gosh what a lovely thing for him to say, have to say though I'm just to OCD to get the kids to do stuff, emptying my dishwasher!!!!!, everything would be smashed, they can't reach where anything goes so all they could do really is put the clean pots on the side, don't see the point tbh.
    Emptying bins a no no because of bacteria and everything as I dettol the bin after every bag and they just wouldn't do it, hoovering well the dyson ball is so heavy to manover they can't do that, I do there lunches as I need to know what's going in it, making there beds errrr no I like it done properly everything of sheets straightened duvet and pillows fluffed etc, they have clean pjs every night anyway so can't even do that so really no mine don't do anything but I'm just really fussy, I'd rather do it myself and then I know it's done properly, but that's just me, I'm abit weird lol. X
    Ah yes but they have to learn to do it themselves at some point! Lol! Mine do the dishwasher empty and refill it sometimes twice a day if its a busy one, make their own lunches (only buy healthy stuff and we check what they have put in and if they have enough) and feed the animals ,, at the weekends they tidy their rooms, Hoover the stairs and landing and help dust and clean the glass doors., they will
    Need to do it all themselves when they are grown up and I feel me working at the pace I do allows their treats activities and holidays and I can't do it all alone it's a family effort and we all benefit!