PLI: is your LA asking for a higher level of cover?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Simona Guest

Default PLI: is your LA asking for a higher level of cover?

I have posted this in the Pacey section of the forum but I feel that many cms may not look there if they are not members.

As I am due to renew my m'ship and PLI
    It appears I have the option to raise my cover to £10,000,000...I have always ensured for £5,000,000

Pacey have explained the higher level appears to be a 'condition' imposed by some LAs on cms if:
    1. they belong to a network
    2. look after children with complex needs (this MAY include disadvantaged 2 year olds)
    3. the cms are working in partnership with the LA (this bit is unclear)

Can you share if this condition has been imposed on you by your LA and why?

Thank you

Registered Childminder since
    Dec 00
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Simona View Post
    I have posted this in the Pacey section of the forum but I feel that many cms may not look there if they are not members.

As I am due to renew my m'ship and PLI
    It appears I have the option to raise my cover to £10,000,000...I have always ensured for £5,000,000

Pacey have explained the higher level appears to be a 'condition' imposed by some LAs on cms if:
    1. they belong to a network
    2. look after children with complex needs (this MAY include disadvantaged 2 year olds)
    3. the cms are working in partnership with the LA (this bit is unclear)

Can you share if this condition has been imposed on you by your LA and why?

Thank you
    If they have I am not aware of it. Will look through my paperwork and see if i can find anything about this in my provider pack from Somerset County council.

Dec 00
    Post Thanks / Like

All I can find is :
    "Section 6
    16 all providers must be able to demonstrate that they have the appropriate insurances in place,for example, public liability insurance."

July07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Mine hasn't mentioned anything to me
    Time Out.. The perfect time for thinking about what you're going to destroy next.

Simona Guest

I have spoken to M Michel, PLA and pacey's insurance depts. ...cms do not require a higher level of PLI...so if you have not been asked you do not need it and a £5,000,000 cover is all we need.
    All 3 have it in place if cms need it and want to top up the premium

Some LAs are requesting it...if yours starts asking then we can deal with it, it is just another condition

I am cross, however, that no one pointed this out to cms but we are warned now...I spotted it on my renewal and questioned it.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Thank you for sorting that one out Simona! Let's hope LAs don't put any other barriers in place for us

Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by sarah707 View Post
    Thank you for sorting that one out Simona! Let's hope LAs don't put any other barriers in place for us
    Not sure I have Sarah....but tried my very best!!!
    I also informed that lady at the DfE that it was another conditions some cms were facing...not sure DfE cares one jot judging by the reply I got!!