Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Child Tax Credits

what is going on in this world? I was of firm believe and I have read on the HMRC that each parent, obviously depending on circumstances (but in these lets just say single parents) would be entitled to 70% of help to pay with childcare costs.....but tis not so....I again had another client, luckily a holiday only client tell me that HMRC are only paying some measly money towards a full time week so I have now lost him for the full 6 weeks to a school club which is only charging £3 p hr and I will have the kid for the last 3 weeks of the summer hols...

One of my recent clients whose two girls I looked after has left or rather is leaving because out of full time costs for both of them, and she earns less than £11k and a single parent was only given £100 a week by the HMRC! None of this sounds right, how are parents suppose to work like this? I am not just saying this for me not earning but I don't get it? Feel like I am hitting a brick wall and should revert back to my former job with a company self....

Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD! Hurrah
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

It's very frustrating isn't it

Dec 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

There are minimum hours to qualify for childcare credits, so if these hours aren't met little or no help is given, which I do feel is a little unfair when TC's don't take into account travelling time to and from employment which can add as much as 2 hours a day of childcare needed for some parents