What do you charge for before school care only?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Apr 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Default What do you charge for before school care only?

I have had an enquiry for 7.45am drop off, then for me to take to school - which I go to anyway, although this would mean I would have to get the littlies out the car to take him in, usually my daughter walks in by herself. How much should I charge? It's only an hour but £6 doesn't seem enough. Its 5 days a week.

aug 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Satisfactory
    Post Thanks / Like

I charge same fee no matter what time during week as I have the choice to say no, I charge £6 per hour sat/sun

Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I always do individual contracts, but have found that parents seem to have no idea what a 'fair price' is to offer for before/after school (probably cos they're used to what nurseries charge for day care, and that's all.)

I tend to suggest a 'guide price' of:
    • £15 for before and after school, up to a total of 3 hours, all inclusive.
    • £10 for before or after school, up to a total of 2 hours, all inclusive.

Most parents have pretty much jumped at the offer, so guess it's reasonable for my area, quality, expectations, etc.

I only had one family insist on lowering the fee, cos their child is only here for just over an hour. Naturally, they're the most affluent clients with the least problem affording it, and I agreed in one of my weaker moments on the condition they book some ad hoc care during the holidays on top of what is otherwise a TTO arrangement. Will have to see how it works out.

June86
    Post Thanks / Like

I would charge my normal rate from 7.45 until l get back home again, as you are out later than you would normally be as you only drop your daughter off explain to parents you will have to charge for 11/2 hrs or 2hrs as case may be, if you are going onto somewhere else just calculate the time you would be home
    Last edited by QualityCare; 18-07-2013 at 09:37 AM.

sep 08
    Post Thanks / Like

I was charging hourly rate but ended up having just one schoolie one hour a day, wasnt worth hassle of taking all little ones out for £3.50 a day, so now I charge daily rate whether they come an hour or more. Extra higher hourly rate added before 8am or after 6pm.

Although now I only do before/after school if i have younger siblings and only from one school where they come go/return on bus which stops at end of street.

I wouldnt do it for less than £10

may10
    Post Thanks / Like

I charge a set rate of £7 I open at 7.30 before school and £10 afterschool I close at 6pm regardless of what time they arrive and leave this includes drinks abd breakfast or tea

If im needed before or after my operating times I charge a set rate of £7 per hour