Registered Childminder since
    Sept 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Daughter turns 5 soon

Hi everyone,
    My daughter will be 5 on 5th August
    Does this means she is now counted in my over 5s and I can have 3 under fives full time now? Instead of the 2 under 5 spaces I have been offering
    Also I will be picking a 4yo who will be in reception from September, am I right in thinking that she is also counted as an over 5 as she is in full time school and I will still have the 3 under 5 spaces?
    Thank you xxx

Oct 09
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm assuming she's already in school full time? Because they count as an over 5 as soon as they start school full time. My DD is 5 in Sept but won't be in school full time then so is still classed as an EY child until 3 weeks after her birthday.
    If you do not hope, you will not find what is beyond your hopes

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Is your dd in full time education now if yes then she herself will be classed as a rising 5. If not then you have to wait till the 5th August.

Yes as soon as the 4yo in seotember does full time school then yes she is classed as a rising 5 so you will have your 3 under 5 places. If there is any settling in then you hve to wait till its full time
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

Sept 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

She's been in reception full time since sept 2012 but I'd not realised she counted as an over 5 because she's the youngest in the class with an August birthday. Oh well, you live and learn, just thankful I didn't turn down any business without realising lol!
    Great to know I can still have my 3 under 5s though as enquiries are sky rocketing lately after nothing for months
    Thanks for advice as always!!x