Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Getting back to it

Hello,
    I registered as a childminder in November 2012 and the week after I registered we found out we would be moving house (hubby is raf) and then my hip became so painful i was put on the waiting list for a hip replacement. So I never started work. I had my hip replacement last week, we are all settled into new house and I want to get prepared to start work again. An Ofsted inspector did call the week before my op to ask if I had EY children on roll, and asked how long i thought I might take off and I said possibly up to 12 weeks after op. Now I have had it done though I am thinking I might be ready to start in 8 weeks. Wondering what I can be doing in the meantime to get ready, and also does anyone know if i will need to get the gp to sign a form to say i am fit to work? I did email my new development officer to ask if i needed gp to sign and she asked me to ring to discuss it, I replied saying i emailed because i would have preferred a response by email.. May be just me but i like to have a record so always prefer an email over phonecalls!
    Any advice welcome, thanks :-)
    Last edited by SarahJellybean; 07-05-2013 at 03:10 PM.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I like a response in writing too!

You need to inform Ofsted that you have had the operation - they might then ask you to see their medical team to check you are fit to work before you start up.

Good luck with it all x

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Just to update in case anyone goes through similar, they sent me a new health declaration for GP to sign (which thankfully my new gp doesn't charge for!) and were happy with what he wrote and rang me up to say I can re-start.

4. Likes shortstuff liked this post