Milk
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Milk

Post Thanks / Like

Default Milk

Can I just add the milk to my accounts as I buy the milk? Iv heard to many companies are not supplying to childminders so I don't want the hassle. I currently only have one mindee who drink milk.

Thanks

Registered Childminder since
    Nov 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

I am doing exactly the same...

Post Thanks / Like

Lovely makes sense. Thanks

Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Adding it to your accounts as an expenditure does not get you a refund, it just goes towards reducing your tax bill (and unless you earn over the income tax limit it won't help you at all).

By claiming the total cost of the milk, 1/3 of a pint per child per day (even if they don't drink it!) you get the whole cost back. It is easy to do direct with Nursery Milk Nursery Milk, the government dept who deal with it. I do a claim monthly online and they refund the full cost to my bank account within days. I buy full-fat British organic from my local milkman, which helps keep the invoice separate to family milk, and is also all managed online. So no paper work at all.

5. Likes funemnx, Mouse liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Satisfactory
    Post Thanks / Like

That's really helpful thanks!

mar 06
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi can i ask you moggy how much you get per pint as it wont accept the price i pay, they said they are getting back to me but its taking ages so would appreciate knowing how much per pint you claim for? Thankyou

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks moggy really appreciated

Nov 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, that is really helpful! I did not know that...

aug 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

I heard that ET was going to stop all nursery milk as part of more childcare rubbish.

Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by george View Post
    Hi can i ask you moggy how much you get per pint as it wont accept the price i pay, they said they are getting back to me but its taking ages so would appreciate knowing how much per pint you claim for? Thankyou
    85p a pint- British organic full-fat from the milkman in a proper glass bottle.

They did query it the first time but I emailed a pdf of the milkman's invoice to prove the price, and they were happy and pay up automatically every time now. I have found Nursery Milk to be very prompt so I would call them if you are waiting around still.

mar 06
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks moggy, I feel better knowing that as ours is 0.82 per pint, the lady said she is dealing with it but its been abt couple weeks now and I have rang since however I think i will ring again prob weds as a quieter day lol and say that i can email them the invoices as they are tgh milk and more milkman, thankyou

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I switched to individual cartons through Milk & More, so the price per pint was quite high. It was flagged up when I did an online claim and I had an email asking for invoices. I phoned them up & they said rather than sending all the invoices (I was claiming for about 6mths & had weekly invoices), I just had to send the latest invoice showing the price. It was all sorted out within a week.

I've now switched back to big cartons as I have younger children who don't use the individual cartons, so my claim has gone right down again.

mar 06
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks mouse, yes its the individual cartons i use as they suit the children i have at the moment, ill def ring them on weds and its no problem sending them the invoices with them been online tgh milk and more but at least i know it should be sorted out soon, thankyou

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I have always added milk into my food expenses because I have never bothered to claim for it. It always looked so complicated I could never be bothered for such a small amount of money each week.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rickysmiths View Post
    I have always added milk into my food expenses because I have never bothered to claim for it. It always looked so complicated I could never be bothered for such a small amount of money each week.
    It's really so easy to claim it online. I only claim every 6 months or so. It's a nice little amount to get back.

prereg
    Post Thanks / Like

Good advice :-)

Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    It's really so easy to claim it online. I only claim every 6 months or so. It's a nice little amount to get back.
    All depends on how many little ones you have, but for me it is £120 a year, for 2 mins a month's work online to fill in the form.

mar 06
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rickysmiths View Post
    I always thought that but the little cartons with straws from milk and more are great and even pop in a cool bag easy for days out, the children love them and I find them that wont normally drink milk suddenly will with these