Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Jun 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Default some people have no shame!

So I need to renew my safeguarding and mentioned to two other cm's at group that id found an online one and could pass on the link if they needed.

Yes they reply but could I fill it out for them?!?!?!? WHAT NO WAY was my response. Well we already know about safeguarding.

Yeah right!!! One lost her own son in the woods last year and the other has just had a mindee rushed to hospital due to really bad sun burn!

Some people!

mar06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

I personally think things like safeguarding should be done in a class room and not allowed on a pc just for this reason
    Good for you for saying no

Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    over it ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like

Omg well done for saying no, you did the right thing, they obviously need to update their training.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Don't forget to make sure your course is Local Authority approved - that's the latest requirement in the EYFS

Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Memina View Post
    So I need to renew my safeguarding and mentioned to two other cm's at group that id found an online one and could pass on the link if they needed.

Yes they reply but could I fill it out for them?!?!?!? WHAT NO WAY was my response. Well we already know about safeguarding.

Yeah right!!! One lost her own son in the woods last year and the other has just had a mindee rushed to hospital due to really bad sun burn!

Some people!
    That's shameful, but not a surprise.

My local CM group tried to get us all to sign a 'code of conduct'. One of the numerous ridiculous points we were meant to agree to was to share all our training whenever we go on a course. I flatly refused, cos I know many of them will happily let me give up my earnings and/or free time to attend courses, whilst they sit back and sponge all the learning from me.

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bunyip View Post
    That's shameful, but not a surprise.

My local CM group tried to get us all to sign a 'code of conduct'. One of the numerous ridiculous points we were meant to agree to was to share all our training whenever we go on a course. I flatly refused, cos I know many of them will happily let me give up my earnings and/or free time to attend courses, whilst they sit back and sponge all the learning from me.
    Now now Bunyip why didn't you sign. You meanie
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

Feb 14
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow can't believe they had nerve to ask you to do it for them. That's shocking.

may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Like Sarah says make sure the training is approved by YOUR local authority - I know several people who did an on-line course through the NCMA and have been told it isn't recognised by the LA or Ofsted!

Jun 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

How can I check if its approved?

I'm 33 weeks pregnant currently doing my Level 3 and have first aid on 11th & 18th May so was trying to avoid another workshop.

Thanks

M

Oct 97
    Post Thanks / Like

Give the early years at your local authority a ring to check if it's approved or do your have a development worker you can ring for advice.
    Our la have just changed the requirements and childminders. NOw need a level three which can only be done in a classroom style environment and not online.

sept 93
    Post Thanks / Like

I did my safeguarding on line ncma it was recomended by the ofsted inspector that came to mine I checked with my do and she said yes it was ok different areas different ideas ........