Suffolk CMs - advice please
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Suffolk CMs - advice please

I have been struggling to set up a simple but 'Ofsted safe' EYFS system and I am going round and round in circles - was going to do *********, did 14 day trial and decided I'd only use about half of the areas on it, so pointless paying out £9.99 a month for.

Having tried doing it all on computer for two weeks, I've decided I'd actually prefer to do it on bits of paper. Feedback from parents suggests they prefer a traditional scrapbook style Learning Journey.

Anyway, I stumbled across the Suffolk County Council one and it seemed much clearer and simpler than the many others I have looked at (will post a link in a mo).

Do any of you use it?
    Feedback please!

Ta :-D

2. Likes tashaleee liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

I've just had a look at the Stanley example and it looks really good, if I was going back to a paper system I'd definitely try this but I'm happy with orbit

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zippy View Post
    I've just had a look at the Stanley example and it looks really good, if I was going back to a paper system I'd definitely try this but I'm happy with orbit
    I really wish my LA would provide something as clear and straight forward as this. The LJ guidance is fantastic and all of the sheets are fully editable.

It's rubbish that LAs are so different!

Registered Childminder since
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Post Thanks / Like

I am on the Essex/Suffolk border and have always used Suffolk's LJ's they have always been incredibly useful. I have adapted them to suit me, but parents like them, I am accredited with Essex, and my DO from Essex likes them, and I have had 2 outstandings from OFSTED. I have also considered moving down the computer route, but can't let go. I also live in the middle of nowhere and lost my Internet for a while which would have been a nightmare.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SammySplodger View Post
    I have been struggling to set up a simple but 'Ofsted safe' EYFS system and I am going round and round in circles - was going to do *********, did 14 day trial and decided I'd only use about half of the areas on it, so pointless paying out £9.99 a month for.

Having tried doing it all on computer for two weeks, I've decided I'd actually prefer to do it on bits of paper. Feedback from parents suggests they prefer a traditional scrapbook style Learning Journey.

Anyway, I stumbled across the Suffolk County Council one and it seemed much clearer and simpler than the many others I have looked at (will post a link in a mo).

Do any of you use it?
    Feedback please!

Ta :-D
    Am in Suffolk and use that one :-) Will PM you :-)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sarah707 View Post
    Have you seen this thread?

http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/fo...lp-advice.html

It is full of links to useful information and advice
    Ta! :-) will have a read!