Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  16
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Registered Childminder since
    Sept 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Do you have an of week routine?

Once your last mindees leave on a Friday do you have a routine to get your house back or do you just tidy up & leave everything out for the following week? I've found it really helps me switch off work mode if I put away highchairs, take down my notice board & tidy away toys whilst my own DC watch a film. Do you all have little routines like this or do you just go straight for a lie in a darkened room/hit the wine?

Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I like to push everything to one side of the playroom, sweep and mop then hit the vodka !!

Sept 93
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Luckily I have the benefit of a playroom and my own children are adults.

Friday evening I do put the toys away, write up my weekly board and hoover all though. Then I shut the door and rejoin my family

sep 08
    Post Thanks / Like

i clear as much as poss into playroom, shut door, open wine, run jacuzzi bath, turn radio on.................................and smile

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

whilst mindees have tea on a friday evening i tidy the stuff that seems to live in my kitchen during the week into the playroom, quickly tidy playroom ( more or less ) and shut the playroom door!

after tea we either play outside ( that wonderful game called 'how much can we fit in the playhouse/toy shed ) or read books or watch a bit of a dvd or television.

during tea this evening i actually wrote out my activity plan for next week ( quite simple ... its worked out that we are out every day !!! ) more or less sorted next weeks menu and put bits ready to stick in LJs for this week! whilst this is my aim to do this every week, it doesn't always happen that way

i have to go & collect DD shortly and have wine chilling for my return! ( no choir tonight as DH is away )

Aug 08
    Post Thanks / Like

Friday 8am - make sure wine is chilling in fridge

Friday 2.30pm shut the playroom door

Friday evening - open wine

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE="tori4;1240803"]Friday 8am - make sure wine is chilling in fridge

Soooooooooo with you on that one. Only had one after schoolie today with an under 2 (this is really quiet for me lol) so I cleaned cleaned cleaned!!!!! I'm now sat down with a very LARGE glass of wine, no children (hubby has taken then to a birthday party) and thinking about what to have for tea. This is the first Friday evening since I started minding 6 months ago that I have had 30 minutes to myself. I'm feeling very humbled, appreciated and extremely thankful to be doing the job that I do. I love it and wouldn't change it for the world. Also very thankful that I have found this forum as I now know a heck of a lot more now than I ever did before. Thank you guys and gals lol. xxx

8. Likes loocyloo, ziggy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I know I new to this group but I love the consistent wine theme!!! I de clutter the house as much as poss..... High chairs, cots etc. just feeding my own baby then downstairs and glass of wine while DH puts DD1 to bed. And relax!! X

10. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Our children are all adults now so I make sure there is no sign of a child having been in the house by the time the last one has gone and yes, you guessed it, WINE!!!!

12. Likes loocyloo, ziggy liked this post
    Dec 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Friday is my quiet day, 2 pre-schoolers all day and 1 at school, only here after school until 4.30. The little ones sleep after lunch so I do the majority of my cleaning then, it's amazing how much you can get done in 1 1/2 hours!. Once they have gone I tidy all the toys away - I have an integral garage and all the toys go in boxes and onto shelves out there, then get tea started for my lot and finish any cleaning. Then after washing up and hoovering I lay on the sofa and catch up on all the telly I have recorded in the week. I don't drink, but there are some days when I really feel like starting!

Nov 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

With 4 of my own and 3 step kids there is not much point putting it all away.

June 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lincsminder View Post
    With 4 of my own and 3 step kids there is not much point putting it all away.

Am with you on that one lol

Post Thanks / Like

Friday evening planning- close door to last lil darling at 6:30, sing and dance all the way to the fridge pour my cider and sing and dance towards my lovely tidy lounge, then 'slump' and watch the soaps

may 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Put everything away including my girls and open the wine!
    xxx

18. Likes loocyloo, Kiddleywinks liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yep I also put away as much as possible, my girls are 7,9 and 11 so they don't need the toys! They help me do a basic clean up, I put booster seats and fireguard away and buggy In playroom and shut door. Often it's a mess and I have to tidy It on Sunday but that's ok. I usually leave car seats in car as they are too fiddly in and out. Then we go down to my mils once last one leaves and she makes us tea and feeds us biscuits and cakes and does knitting and crafts with the girls (she is very crafty me, not so much!) and I slump on sofa. We meet dh there on way home from work and then once kids in bed movie wine and maybe a takeaway (not yest though trying to skinny into a bikini for Portugal in three weeks!)

Though it is supposed to help me unwind from job at weekend I had a dream last night Los were all here on a Saturday and I couldn't understand why, apparently I had promised to take them on a trip out .. Yeah right!!! Then was woken by one of the mums at 930 from my lie in looking for a day swap. ! Ah well we can but try!!

20. Likes ziggy liked this post
    June 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Friday finish work, Saturday make house untidy, Sunday panic and retidy house!

In between above, have fun and try not to drink too much
    Sweetpea x

apr 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    'good'
    Post Thanks / Like

Last one goes at 5.30 -

Travel cots and pushchairs go into playhouse....

Playroom tidied, wash basin cleaned, floors cleaned etc.

Door well and truly closed....

New menus and parents info for the following week put onto notice board in the hall...

Shower, change, takeaway and wine Or get into the car and go for a chill out get spoilt weekend at my brothers in Weymouth
    Last edited by karensmart4; 20-04-2013 at 08:42 PM. Reason: forgot my weekends away

Mar 04
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by *daisychain* View Post
    I like to push everything to one side of the playroom, sweep and mop then hit the vodka !!
    Ha Ha Ha I hit the bottle too

Sept 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Thursday evening, tidy the toys away, fireguard away, stairgate gone and then look forward to my freetime during school hours friday,
    than as soon as my 10 yr old schoolie goes friday evening out comes the wine
    Cath

Apr 10
    Post Thanks / Like

I clear as much as I can and then be supermummy 6-7.30 undivided attention for my girls then nice relaxing bath and choccie whilst DH has boy time with DS.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast