Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Feb 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Childminders joining together

When my friend finishes her course we are going to be working together on my premises. I have to spoke to Ofsted and they told me how she registers as a childminder and everything I have to do in way of risk assessments etc but I forgot to ask them does she register on the early years and voluntary registers too and also what happens about the registration fee as we are together in my house? Thanks everyone

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

You will both need to register on both registers and pay your own Ofsted fees for individual inspections

Feb 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok thanks. I know that she will have her own pre-reg but as we are working under the same policies in the same premises will we not have future inspections together? Also do we need to state which children is under who? eg. If I had a 2 1yo's, a 3yo and 3 6yo's and then another 3yo started as I have already got 6 does that mean they would be registered under her EY number or can we just say that between us we have 7?

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

My partner works with me - we have had 1 separate inspection and 1 joint inspection - it depends on the inspector.

It is a requirement to note each child's key person and to discuss what the key person role is with parents.

if you go through the Eyfs searching for 'key person' it will bring up all the requirements.

Hth

Feb 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok thanks. I know about having a key person who will do the observations etc. I just meant tax credits wise for parents. What do you do about sickness and holidays? If I was ill or on hol could she still mind?

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by chezzagriff View Post
    Ok thanks. I know about having a key person who will do the observations etc. I just meant tax credits wise for parents. What do you do about sickness and holidays? If I was ill or on hol could she still mind?
    I would say Tax Credits will need the cm whose house you are working from ?? Maybe ask them I am not an expert.

You can't have more than 6 under 8 at any one time on your own - so if you want to provide sickness / holiday cover you'd need to keep within that ratio.

is that what you mean?

Apr 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

U do need to keep detailed notes of which cm is with which child if u separate for any time, eg if one does school run who stays with other cm. In case of any incident that might be reported at a later time. We keep a diary detailing who went where with which cm, also needed for insurance purposes. Hope that helps :-)

Feb 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, thats what I meant. As long as its all detailed in the diary can this be changed if need be? eg. If I had 2 x 2yo's and did a school run with them whilst my friend was left with 2 x 3yo's could the next day I take the 2 x 3yo's and she stay with the 2 x 2yo's? This is just an example obv I will be trying to keep us to a routine so it probably wont happen. I will ring tax credits about whose EY number to use and as for sickness as long as we are 1-6 ratio would we just have to tell some parents their children cant come that week? Sorry for all the questions but when I rang Ofsted they gave me basic details and said ask the inspector when they come out but I need all this information as soon as possible really.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

My partner and I work together with the after school children. One of the reasons Ofsted strongly recommended we keep within my ratios was that if one of us was off ill we would need to cancel children. The inspector said it would make us appear unreliable.

Now that's just one inspector with one viewpoint - but at the time I remember we both nodded as the way she put it seemed to make sense.

Also if you go over 6 under 8 in one house you will most probably need planning permission - and that's a huge can of worms which we didn't want to open.

You cannot work with more than 6 under 8 until PP is organised.