Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    dec 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like

Default arrgghhh wat do u do

I have a lil one who has been coming since feb 3 days a week. One week he was bad another i was closed due to illness then he was ill again then last week i was on hol.

He was clingy anyway but now cries allllll dayyyyyy looooonnngggg only wants cuddles or bouncer and tv. And now doesnt even wanna feed himself. I have.my own 1yr old who is runnin.riot today and.screams ack and a 4yr old and finding it a bit much as cant do much with 4yo with 2 clinging to me :/

Feb 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I am in exactly the same situation. I have a 1yo who cries all day, even when eating. I have resorted to tough love as I also have a 4yo and my 10 month old. She stops crying when in the bouncer so I give her cuddles in the morning and then sit with her and the others at the activity. When she cries I put her in her bouncer and continue with the others. Will see if it works but seems to be a bit after just 2 days of it.

may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I sometimes find you just have to carry on as normal (well as normal as you can be with screaming children), sometimes I even sing Nursery Rhymes out loud especially when they won't eat - I think they are surprised that the screaming isn't getting the reaction they expected and they sometimes stop screaming for long enough to eat (maybe it's just because my singing is so bad).

I got the idea from this from a pony I used to have as a teenager - he was a real plod but sometimes when he was really bored from us trying to school him in the field he would gallop as fast as his little legs would carry him to the gate, rather than screaming as he expected, we would laugh and kick him on and he would generally slow down on his own.

Ju 2004
    Non childminder member
    Childminder group
    Post Thanks / Like

Totally agree with the post below. You've just got to try to ignore it as best you can. Offer activities you know he likes and have the most amazing time playing with the other little ones, you may do. If he'd being ignored he may attempt to join in instead.

Ju 2004
    Non childminder member
    Childminder group
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry ! Am writing on my phone and just re read post below ! Should read - you may find he attempts to join in .! I'm not terribly technical