Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Themes

Registered Childminder since
    dec 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Themes

What's everyone's themes just now? My mind has gone blank on what crafty activities to do next week. We had loads of Easter and spring bits to keep us busy but they're all finished now

Post Thanks / Like

It's the anniversary of the launch of space shuttle Columbia next week so we are looking at that. Have loads of giant boxes to make a big space ship and have been looking at crafts online ie small space shuttle out of old loo roll etc.

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't really use themes I just follow the children's interests and take it from there.
    Pixie Dust

4. Likes Dragonfly, merry, moggy liked this post
    Dec 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I am still on spring, growing and mothers and babies here.

Aug 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good - YAY!
    Post Thanks / Like

Spring? Isn't it still mid-winter?!!!! I have a theme as a fall back, but mostly ideas come from wanting to develop something for a child, so it's all a bit random! I'm on insects and animals at the moment, but the children wouldn't notice, they're too young!

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I've not done much on Spring as it's only just beginning to feel like Spring here. We've collected twigs from the Common and put them in water and so we might draw them next week. We've just been to the garden centre and got some flowers to plant and spotted some frogspawn in the local pond and so we'll look at that and have 5 Speckled Frogs as our focus song, look at the life cycle of frogs etc. My almost two year old is really into stacking/building at the momet and so we will have different things out for him to build with. I am going to give him a box with a slit cut into the top to post bottle lids through as he is also into posting. If he manages that I will give him a money box and coins to post. He's not into themes. Free painting does the trick for him as far as craft activities are concerned. x