Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Advertising

Registered Childminder since
    Sept 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    5/3/13
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Advertising

I do have 5 children on roll which are all from word of mouth I full time and 4 before and after school. I am now looking to advertise for more during school hours.

What has been the best method of advertising for you and have you any tips?

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

My local NCT branch do a quarterly magazine, 1/4 page colour ad only cost £22. It's pretty well targeted; bumps up to parents with big toddlers. Copies are also put in GP surgeries and various other baby-friendly places locally. I have also paid for leaflets to be put in the 'goodie bags' at their Nearly New sales. Have had lots of enquiries as a result.

Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD! Hurrah
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by starlight1 View Post
    I do have 5 children on roll which are all from word of mouth I full time and 4 before and after school. I am now looking to advertise for more during school hours.

What has been the best method of advertising for you and have you any tips?

Thanks
    I tried lots of ways, most are free, apart from upgrading to gold membership on childcare.co.uk. Try yell.com, local website classifieds section or chat section? Try 'google places'. After a few weeks your business appears on google's first page of results and also on a google map.

Basically I typed in 'Bath Childminder' or just 'Childminder' and saw what websites came up and tried to get on every one!

4. Likes MessybutHappy liked this post
    Feb 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I have been on google places for a while and Im still on page 4 but if you were to type in the area of Liverpool Im from I come up on the first. Put leaflets up in the local sure start centres and put a few in the local doctors and hairdresses

July 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't forget ***** and Facebook, I've had business from both of those. I have my own FB page and I check on the local selling pages as sometimes there is a request for childcare on them.

Apr 11
    Post Thanks / Like

I am on childcare.co.uk and pay monthly when I have vacancies to fill. I've had 2 clients from there and both are still with me

Also our local family information service are helpful and send out a database of childcare providers to parents who request it.

8. Likes Richard liked this post
    Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    over it ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like

Most of my lo's have come to me through word of mouth from other CM's in the area. We are all in the very lucky position of being full. I also gained one through my own website as it appears very high when doing a google search on CM's and the area i live. Hth

My advice build good relaitionships with CM's around you. Then you can offer parents another cm's details to let them make an informed decision. I find this a great way to show parents what i can offer. You are more likely to get families on board which are a good fit for you, your setting and business.

Aug 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good - YAY!
    Post Thanks / Like

I've had one via childcare.co.uk, I'd pay the extra if I was actively looking for another family. I have my own website and am working at making that move up the search lists!

aug 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

I am going to try my local nct and see if I can put in an add. I was thinking of putting up an ad in my local teaso but when I put one up in newsagents I got asked to look after a 28 year old with a mental age of 3. Said no!

Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Most of mine have been word of mouth, parents approaching me in the school playground and lately from childcare.co.uk
    Also there are a group of us (though I'm sure there are more minders that I don't know) and we pass each others numbers on if we haven't got the space.