Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Mar 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default assessment summary how often?

How often does everyone do assessment summaries? I currently do them every 6 months but many of my childminding friends seem to do them termly like nurseries. Is there a set amount of time between assessments or is it up to the individual?

Oct 97
    Post Thanks / Like

Our d/o recemends every 8 weeks, the nursery do a very short assessment (general statement on child and cicrlce age band where development is in each area of learning) three times a year. I used to do a detailed one three times a year. I am scaling it back to six monthly this year and at Easter will send the learning journey home with a form for parents to complete on what little johnny does at home,what they have been following up from what the child has done with me and their ideas for moving their child forward.

Sept 93
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Six monthly

feb 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

we have been told to track development half termly on a grid, but to do at least 2 full assessments each year

Jul 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I also do mine every 6 months. I think I would struggle to find enough new things to write every term and there is so much paperwork as it is.

Mar 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Good to know I'm not the only one who does them 6 monthly. Has anyone had any feedback from ofsted, e.g. is 6 monthly enough or would they prefer more frequent assessments