Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    may 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Default computer games suggestions please for 3yrold

I got a very cheap computer of ebay, it works, it will connect to the internet but is very slow so not sure if games etc on cbbebies would work so wonded if anyone has any kids cd rom games for ages around 3yrs and upwards that their children can enjoy and which ones you would suggest.

years ago mine used a computer then we got rid of it and non of them missed it so we havent really used a computer since but this one was such a good price at £15 and as my laptops screen is dodgy I coudlnt resist buying it for work then I thought the childrne could use it too.

I am assuming we are still allowed to let children use 'real' computers! , I prefer them to play and be outside but the 2yrold well, nearly 3yrold, just dosent get how to play with toys and indoors will just sit and look at books all day or hold a toy in his hand but do nothing with it or outside will just roll balls down the guttering, he plays when the older kids come home from school but thats only because they are including him in their game and telling him what to do in their pretend play so I am wondering if a bit of computer time would hold his interest and if it does then we can develop the imagination from there.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Crikey £15 is cheap!! i'd let someone have a look at it first - make sure it hasn't got any nasties on it - before giving it to the children.

You might be able to get it a bit faster as well if you add some memory it's not overly expensive and can make a huge difference.

My little ones tend to play on meddibumps and cbeebies

Dec 03
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

All of mine like tux painting you can download it here Tux Paint
    Angela x
    Owner of a static holiday caravan in Paignton

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Mine like friv and kiz
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I recently bought a peppa pig and a fifi and the flower tots cd roms from amazon , pound land often do random kids cd roms too, I keep my eye out each time I go in, worth a try for £1

Nov 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Jump ahead games are great. They are a series of simple games from babies up to key stage 2 at least. You can find them on amazon amongst other places. Just check your computers specs against theirs to ensure your machine will run them.

Jan 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Question

jump ahead are very good but do not wrk on wndows 7. We also use cbeebies, Disney and friv.
    Children are born with wings we help them to fly.

may 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sarah707 View Post
    Crikey £15 is cheap!! i'd let someone have a look at it first - make sure it hasn't got any nasties on it - before giving it to the children.

You might be able to get it a bit faster as well if you add some memory it's not overly expensive and can make a huge difference.

My little ones tend to play on meddibumps and cbeebies
    it was cheap because its an old desk top with xp windows and is mega old, do you know if you install the memory internally or does it come in a card you can put in the machine easily?