Thread: Numbers?

Registered Childminder since
    June 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Numbers?

Hi,

I am really sorry to ask because I know there are lots of threads on this but I still find myself unclear.

Basically I took in a temporary contract, mum told me she will give me the 4 weeks notice period as set out in my contracts but also warned me they are hoping to move May, June latest.

Two questions:

1. I have a lady requiring 2.5 days a week from beg. of May. If the temporary hasn't gone can I still take it on for about 4 weeks and be over my numbers?

2. If he goes in time it's not a problem but also I have a lady requiring 3 days a week from September, could I go over my numbers for 1/2 - 1 day a week?

Many thanks

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

All of it will be new business so no you cannot grant yourself a variation in these circumstances.

However what I personally would do if give your temporary contract notice and take on the new mum. Would lose a contract due to someone not leaving when they should
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

3. Likes bunyip liked this post
    June 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Thought so, thank you for clarifying.

I've just spoken to the lady needing 2.5 days a week, my temporary is 3 days. She said she could do the other two days but may in the future need the extra 0.5 day, how do I stand with that if I still had the temporary as now they are Sauk g he might be with me till Sept?

jul 00
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

now this is boiling down to that very tricky question of ..how long should a child attend before you can pull the continuity card,so many different answers to this one.if the new LO uses your 2 spare days for a length of time then encreases their days causing an overlap and 4 under 5 then this can be allowed ...but how long is a reasonable length of time.some minders have quoted as little as one day !!! others say weeks or months but as so far nobody has tested this under the new EYFS then we are all guessing really ..