Contact info not as it seems
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Contact info not as it seems

I am settling a 13 month old newbie in and had third session today. I offered to look after his older brother (5), as a favour to Mum so she could work this afternoon.

Anyway - on the contract and All About Me form Mum has filled in just one home address for her and the boys Dad, as a family of 4 living together.

We were talking about houses at lunch time (ours is tall and thin, they live in a bungalow) and the 5 year old said "and Daddy lives in a flat above his shop". This has never been mentioned to me before and isn't 'on paper'. It would appear that Mum and Dad are married but live apart most of the time, but share care of the boys.

Their relationship seems fine, very amicable, but I just feel weirded out by the fact that the 'family setup' info is not as it seems and is being 'withheld' from me. If I hadn't met the brother today I'd be none the wiser. I have Dad's contact info, as if it is daytime work contact info only.

So I'll just be discrete and carry on then?
    Advice anyone?

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I have the opposite situation.

Mum & dad do live together, but pretend they don't so that mum can claim all the single parent benefits. I have all my paperwork completed with separate addresses, although I know they live together. I don't worry about it to much as at least I have all the info I need.

I think in your case I would perhaps mention to mum what has been said, although I don't know what you can do about it if she does say they live together.

Post Thanks / Like

I suppose it doesn't actually really matter - I have the info I need, it doesn't affect Ofsted. I just feel a bit narked about not being 'trusted' with the info. At 13 months it's not likely to be an issue for the mindee either, is it?

Registered Childminder since
    Dec 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I dont think it matters really. If you know the Mum or dad well you could let it drop that the son mentioned dads flat.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

look at the wording in the EYFS - you need addresses for parents and where the child lives most of the time - that info is legally required.

You can only believe the info you are given from parents x

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

If the marraige has broken down perhaps the mum is embarrassed about it. Some people dont like everyone knowing everything about them

Is the shop in the same area - just a thought if its a distance away perhaps dad does live there some days to save the journey home etc
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door