invoices/payments
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    oct 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Default invoices/payments

Hi was just wondering how people keep record of the fees etc that come in.

I have some that pay weekly, some monthly in advance, some monthly in arrears and some that pay four weekly.

Should i put the amounts paid in the relevant months that i have earned that money or under the acual month/week that i receive it because the ones that pay in arrears pay me at the beginning of the following month so not sure which month to put it under. Also i now get NEF funding payments and am not sure how to document these, should i just put them down on the date i receive or do i work it out per month etc. Thanks for any help

Sept 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I have always put the fees down on the date that they are given, with the monthly ones I put it as i say on the day it is given and put
    the month that it relates to, as like you I have weekly monthly in advance and montly in arrears. Not really sure if this is correct but
    this is the way I have always done it.
    Cath

aug 05
    Post Thanks / Like

I have parents who pay weekly in advance , monthly in advance and monthly in arrears , so some pay me once a month , some pay me 4 or 5 times a month

On my income form I have monthly amounts for all parents , it keeps it simple

eg
    February
    Child a....£400
    Child b ...£320
    Child c....£600 ....etc

otherwise it would get too complicated

All parents pay straight into my bank account , so if ever I needed to show all the payments , they are on my statements

Oct 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

I have an old fashioned invoice book (with the carbon slip) which I fill in with childs details,amount of hours,period that covers and amount owed and give parents the top copy-I then have the bottom copy left in the book if I need it...oh and I use a new book each tax year.

All of mine pay monthly in advance luckily so that makes it easier-I normally give them out about the 25th of each month.

Some pay cash and some pay bank transfer,one is paid by college funding in arrears but they send me a bacs receipt which I file too.

oct 12
    Post Thanks / Like

does anyone have NEF funding coming in, not sure how to put this down either

July07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

For my NEF I just put it in the month it comes in. So tomorrow I'm due to get about £650 so that's documented in Feb
    Time Out.. The perfect time for thinking about what you're going to destroy next.

Dec 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Is nef like feet funding?? Funding for free childcare for 2 yr olds from council

oct 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JCrakers View Post
    For my NEF I just put it in the month it comes in. So tomorrow I'm due to get about £650 so that's documented in Feb
    i have several funded children so do i have to split the amount between them to mark it down per child or is it ok just to put a total and mark down which children it is for

oct 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KatieFS View Post
    Is nef like feet funding?? Funding for free childcare for 2 yr olds from council
    hi it is the funding for free twos and the free three and four year olds

Post Thanks / Like

One parent pays me in arrears and one person pays me in advance. I have NCMA accounts book so I just put it in there for the month I earned the money not ness received it as they don't lay until 1st of the month
    And I issue an invoice on 25th of each month to each parent that states the payment I receive the previous month and how much is due for this month coming

Feb 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a diary which is only used for fees. I write down what the weekly fee is for each child on the monday and tick when it has been paid writing the actual day it was paid next to it. I also have a reciept book with the carbon paper underneath, so parent gets a copy and I keep a copy for records. New diary and new reciept book for each new tax year.