Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Feb 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Picking children up from school

I have a child starting Monday and I have to pick him up from school. Whats happens about this? Do I just go and collect him or am I supposed to meet with his teacher first? Its half term though so cant do it before Monday which is the day he will be starting.

Apr 92
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chezzagriff View Post
    I have a child starting Monday and I have to pick him up from school. Whats happens about this? Do I just go and collect him or am I supposed to meet with his teacher first? Its half term though so cant do it before Monday which is the day he will be starting.
    Mum should have informed them. So just pick him up and introduce yourself to the teacher at the same time. That way she will recognise you and not keep your mindee til last next time.
    Tunja

Dec 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I assume Mum will ring school on monday and tell them who is picking up. I am well known at the local school so everyone knows who I am. Maybe you can introduce yourself to his teacher if she doesnt know you yet.

june 83
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

I should think mum will inform them and then when you pick him up just introduce yourself and if the school is like our school then we have to give a pass word until the teacher knows who we are

Jan 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

I get all my schoolie parents to sign a form for sharing information so I always hand it in to the office so they can put it in the child's file and give them a 'timetable' of who and when I pick up to keep in the office. I also write a short letter introducing myself to the class teacher and mention the sharing info bit, surprising how many times I have not been told about a bumped head

Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

School will need the parent's permission and may need you to identify/prove who you are. My local school already knows me and will accept a simple letter from a parent. I know of other schools where a phone call has sufficed, and yet others which insist on a parent filling in a form and the CM producing a copy of their Ofsted certificate.

Don't assume. Do check.

"Assumption" is just a posh word for c0ckup.