Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: help please

Non childminder member
    parent
    Post Thanks / Like

Default help please

hi i am looking at becoming a child minder in the future i am a mum to a little one aged 2 and we are trying for baby number 2

i hope to begin my career as a childminder after baby no 2 arrives so wont be until next year but my partner was in prison last march for fraud by false representation and has been safeguarded against vulnerable adults NOT CHILDREN will this effect my registration?

please no judgemental comments

Registered Childminder since
    Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    over it ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like

Im not sure if it will go against you but the best people to ask are ofsted. Hth :-)

Registered Childminder since
    Feb 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Not too sure, partners having a criminal record, dont always stop you from becoming a childminder but it all depends on what it was for, how long ago etc. When you apply if there is anything on either of your records you will be interviewed about it and a decision is then made. Maybe you could ring Ofsted before you apply to see what they say.