Some urgent advise please? Thanks.
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    APR 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Some urgent advise please? Thanks.

Hi All

A parent of mine enquired last wk about changing the hours and days child attends. She wasn't quite sure about what she wanted to change so she said she would have a think and get back to me.

Anyway this evening parents has text me, day before child is due to attend to ask if she can change from 2 half days to 1 full day a week. This would mean a pay drop for me.

Parent is wanting to put this into affect as soon as possible. i.e this wk. ( she has paid me for 2 half days up until the end of Feb.)

My question is how to I respond to this request? I want to tell her there is 4 week notice for any changes to contract, I don't mind having child for 1 full day but would not be able to reduce the fee payable until 4 weeks time.

The other thing is, child is leaving at the end of march.

Help??

Thanks xx

July 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

What do your contracts state? Usually it's a 4 week notice period.

APR 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes it is a 4 week notice period, but I'm wondering how to word this nicely to the parent?

She put me on the spot last wk when she asked to change hours/days and I didn't mention notice period just told her when she was sure of what she wanted to change to then to let me know. She never said she wanted to change the hours/fees, and me being a bit soft ( I know, I know) said that a change to the days and hours would be fine.

nov09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tippy Toes View Post
    Hi All

A parent of mine enquired last wk about changing the hours and days child attends. She wasn't quite sure about what she wanted to change so she said she would have a think and get back to me.

Anyway this evening parents has text me, day before child is due to attend to ask if she can change from 2 half days to 1 full day a week. This would mean a pay drop for me.

Parent is wanting to put this into affect as soon as possible. i.e this wk. ( she has paid me for 2 half days up until the end of Feb.)

My question is how to I respond to this request? I want to tell her there is 4 week notice for any changes to contract, I don't mind having child for 1 full day but would not be able to reduce the fee payable until 4 weeks time.

The other thing is, child is leaving at the end of march.

Help??

Thanks xx
    i also say any permanant changes need 4 weeks notice, in this case if your happy to do the one day rather then 2 half days from this week i would do it but still charge the same amount for the 2 half days until the 4 weeks notice is over.
    just explain this to parents (as long as it is in your contract). hopefully they will understand your doing themm a favour by changing days now, but they still have to pay normal rate.
    personally i would also back this up with a letter explaining changes made (but the i do like my paper work!)

Oct 97
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for detailing your need to change ours, as per the contract I need a minimum 4 weeks notice to change hours as I am sure you can appreciate a sudden change in income is difficult to manage.
    I am happy to change the day immediately if you need me to but will still be charging as per the contracted hours for the next four weeks, this gives me time to advertise the place.

may 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

I like blue bears reply but personaly I wouldnt put about managing finances as thats nothing to do with her, i would just not add that bit in . like the rest though, short and to the point

Oct 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

In my contract it states any changes of contract required a 4 week notice period and any changes are subject to my availability.
    Wellybellyxxxxxxxxx

June86
    Post Thanks / Like

Have you told the parent it will cost less, as she is leaving at the end of March l would have said yes to the full day and charge her the same, two half days = one full day.