Ideas to extend activites with 18mnth thst just holds into EVERYTHING !
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Aug 08
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Ideas to extend activites with 18mnth thst just holds into EVERYTHING !

Im looking for some ideas/ suggestions how to extend activities for mindee who is nearly 18mths but all he does is carry stuff I've looked into Schemas n can't see how it matches any as he is not 'transporting' nothing in bag/car/ pushchair etc he just holds lots of things in his hands/arms n goes round trying to pick more things up??

Play dough just holds onto ALL of the dough/ tools
    Colouring just holds onto all other crayons
    Sml world just holds onto everything
    Even the new shakers we made least week we now struggle to actually shake as he just holds onto all 6 bottles :-0 !

if he is not holding / picking things up they r in his mouth.

i tried a bit of 'posting' the other day which he did join in with but wasn't to bothered just carried on holding everything and picking everything up the other LO had just posted.

Also as a side thing no vocab - apart from the odd 'errrrr' and point but it is just a 'errr'. Errrrr for drink Errrr for toy Errr for food Errrrr for mummy ( at door) Oh and just looks at me in shock/horror when I sing ;-) my other LO puts his hand over his ears... i might start getting a complex ;-)

Any ideas would b gr8 XT

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Suggest he pops the things he is carrying in a bag so he can use his hands for other things... could you choose a bag or basket with him perhaps?

Then slowly move him onto toys the other children don't need to play their games

You might look at containment schema - I think he might be containing things in his arms...

He'll grow out of it

3. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Dec 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sarah707 View Post
    You might look at containment schema - I think he might be containing things in his arms...

He'll grow out of it
    Oooo, I think I might have a containment schema - I keep trying to keep hold of my money, unfortunately the bank keeps posting it to other people

5. Likes Ballette, merry liked this post
    Aug 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good - YAY!
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddleywinks View Post

Oooo, I think I might have a containment schema - I keep trying to keep hold of my money, unfortunately the bank keeps posting it to other people
    I'm on my phone so can't hit the like button! But boy did I need this tonight, I'm never going to forget about containment schema ever again, that's brilliant!!! sorry to the op, nothing helpful to add except to make sure they don't "hold" in shops...my ds went through that...why do they think it's ok to put eggs on a toddler height shelf!!!

7. Likes Kiddleywinks liked this post