Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    July07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default New mindee starting

I have a new mindee starting soon who is going to be a tad over 6m the youngest I've had is 8m, sitting and just starting to crawl but this little one isn't quite sitting yet.
    Can anyone recommend a product thats on the market that would help me and him. Something like a floor seat or something I can sit him in it instead of him lying on the floor all the time.

I don't think I have room for a wheeled walker as there's no room to scoot around as they are quite large.
    What do you have for babies this age?
    Time Out.. The perfect time for thinking about what you're going to destroy next.

jul 00
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

i had one of these when my own two youngest were babies.it was great for a change of view and stopped them being stood on.

LeapFrog Learn & Groove Activity Station: Amazon.co.uk: Baby

Sept 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes I have always had one of those ring type things and I think they are good.....

July07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, I like that. I've had a look on eBay and found one for £25.
    Time Out.. The perfect time for thinking about what you're going to destroy next.

july 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi there,
    this time last year I had 2 babies start so got 2 reclining chairs to just rest/play/fall asleep in and a jumperoo for entertainment and activity. And those times when I just couldn't sit and cuddle a grizzler because I had other things to see to: it probably saved my sanity

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Fisher-Price...ref=pd_cp_by_0

Love this seat for its comfyness: difficult sleeper was 'trained' to settle himself by dropping of in this with the crab toy playing music or just with the lights on (included, needs batteries but mine are still going strong and i use it numerous times every day). The crab also clips to the hood of my buggy so is great for something to look at on the school run and seems to sooth mindees. I still use this seat alot as somewhere to place toddlers who have fallen asleep in the buggy so I can put them somewhere comfy without having to bring buggy in and they can wake up and join in things at their own pace

Tiny Love Gymini Bouncer: Amazon.co.uk: Baby

Have fun!

june 83
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

I have used a ring where they sit in and also i have a bumbo which you can attach a tray too as well so you can put some toys on for them to play with as well

aug 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a ring but when I had a prem start I used cushions to support him. It encouraged him to sit up and reach toys. I did get a sit in bouncy frame Luke the fish price one but it was mainly to protect him from the others!