Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    July07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default As much use as a chocolate fireguard

I emailed ofsted as I haven't got my certificate yet with the new conditions, so just wanted to check when I will get it.

I phoned back in September as I needed a variation due to a schoolie only starting school part time in the first week and was told I was to make my own decisions. So I did. Since sept I've also had 2 other variations.

So I get an email back today basically telling me I need to wait for my certificate to come through until I can do self variations and it will take until March until they are all out.

Does anyone basically know what they are talking about? How the hell am I supposed to wait until march when I've already done 3 variations and have another in place for Feb.

It's times like this, I don't even know why I bother with this...might get myself a job in a nursery...lot less hassle.
    Time Out.. The perfect time for thinking about what you're going to destroy next.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I have it in writing from the top of Ofsted that we do not have to wait for our new certificates before self-managing variations.

Yes, I know it says that on the Ofsted letters that are going out - but they were written before it was realised that it would take until the middle of next year to get all the certificates renewed.

Ricky put on a post that covered this one recently too after her meeting with Ofsted.

http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/fo...important.html

Hth

Feb 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I phoned them and was told exactly them same so they sent me my certificate straight away

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jo.jo76 View Post
    I phoned them and was told exactly them same so they sent me my certificate straight away
    same here!!! i told them i had been told by a friend who had been at a meeting with ofsted bods that we didn't need to have our new certificates in order to implement exceptions and i was told i was wrong and in breech of my registration !!! but they sent me my certificate, i waived the right to appeal !!!