Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Tipper Alert!!

Registered Childminder since
    Oct 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Tipper Alert!!

Got a new 2yr old LO start last week and she's a serial tipper....will cheerfully empty every single toy box out onto the floor,walks all over the toys,play with absolutely nothing and walk off to play with my vertical blinds!

I dont have a seperate playroom so it looks like a tornado's blown through my house.

From her next session i'll be getting just a small selection of toys out and blocking off my Ikea storage which I use for free choice which seems unfair on other LO's but it's getting unsafe to walk around and hopefully will help her focus.

Has anyone else done this?

sep 08
    Post Thanks / Like

I posted on here last week to say i had put most of toy boxes in bedroom and have just left out a few boxes, the soft toys and a box of books.

I think you are doing the right thing, no point having toys all over floor getting broken

Sept 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

am going through a period of rationing as we speak!

Dec 11
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a tipper, I changed my storage to clear but lidded boxes and now it's one out at a time with tidy up in between, he does focus a lot better now but if he can find an open container eg my story sack he will tip it out in a frenzy lol!

July 12
    Post Thanks / Like

I've got one the same! 2.5yr old boy, first day here and all the tubs were tipped up and out! I moved open containers out of the playroom and the just left the clear lidded ones, he now knows he can only have 1 or two out at a time.

I've also given him things to tip, eg lots of containers and milk tops, or straws and pringles tubes. He's only been here 4 weeks but has calmed down a lot now.

Oct 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Glad to hear i'm not alone

It's just SOO annoying-i'm very easygoing and the LO's know they can have out anything they want as long as we have a little tidy up now and then....it's the tipping out then walking straight off i can't stand plus she speaks no english and ignores any polish I speak so am struggling to teach her to tidy up...am showing by example and praise but obviously that means i'm doing a lot of it!!

She is also the only LO who is messing with my xmas deccies...so far today she's taken loads of baubles off the tree(then just dropping them and walking off),pulled all the buttons off Santa cushion,pulled a set of lights off the door frame,broken wire glasses on another santa and taken baby Jesus out of the nativity and put him in the garden

Note to self:Tis the season of goodwill

7. Likes LittleLegsCM liked this post
    July 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by migimoo View Post
    taken baby Jesus out of the nativity and put him in the garden

Awww that's quite funny actually. Hope he didn't catch a chill!

9. Likes LittleLegsCM liked this post
    Dec 02
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by migimoo View Post
    Glad to hear i'm not alone

It's just SOO annoying-i'm very easygoing and the LO's know they can have out anything they want as long as we have a little tidy up now and then....it's the tipping out then walking straight off i can't stand plus she speaks no english and ignores any polish I speak so am struggling to teach her to tidy up...am showing by example and praise but obviously that means i'm doing a lot of it!!

She is also the only LO who is messing with my xmas deccies...so far today she's taken loads of baubles off the tree(then just dropping them and walking off),pulled all the buttons off Santa cushion,pulled a set of lights off the door frame,broken wire glasses on another santa and taken baby Jesus out of the nativity and put him in the garden

Note to self:Tis the season of goodwill
    it may take a while!!!!!!

feb 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

I have one too, aged 28 months, I've reduced the toys available but like you say its unfair on the others, so now I'm helping him to pack them away before he goes on to the next "tip", , he did give me some looks that could kill at first, but seems to quite enjoy it now if its made like a game, and I've put some little pots f objects that are his to tip, all seems to be helping, but we are off to another CM today so will see what happens there