Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    17/8/12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Think i've made a boob!

Hello could i please ask for some advise? I have recently taken on my first client (twins) and have not charged for them whilst they are at nursery. However im finding that im running backwards and forwards all day as it takes me half an hr to walk to take them to and from nursery. we are still in the setteling in period so would it be possible for me to start charging for the hrs they are at nursery being as though half the time is spent on route! and also think mum is expecting kids to be with me in the holidays. Can i change the contract or am i stuck until i review contract in 6mnths

July07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Could you chat with mum and say that since doing the walk you have decided its a bit far and have decided you need to charge for the time it's taking.
    I'm not sure about it as I've never had to change a contract so hopefully someone with experience will help you.

Could the twins not come to you instead of nursery? Or Are they receiving the funding there?
    Time Out.. The perfect time for thinking about what you're going to destroy next.

Oct 97
    Post Thanks / Like

You can renew a contract when ever you like, normally (depending what you wrote in your contract) you would give thirty days notice of change. Obviously parent has the right to refuse the change and take the business else where.

I charge full whilst children are at nursery as I am keeping the space open and available for holidays and other closure days.

You need to sit down with parent and discuss the changes you want to make and come to a mutually agreeable decision, beware parent has budgeted on what you have already quoted and probably won't be best pleased at the increase in fees.

may 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

if it were me I would either explain to mum and say on reflection you need to charge for this time OR you could say that it was a special offer duing the settling in period that you didnt charge but as of .. when the settling in finishes you will be charging for this OR you could wait unitll the first lot of holidays and if she just expects you to have them, act surprised and say you assume they were term time only which is why you hadnt charged whilst they were at nursery then charge from then Or I suppose you could bring it up with her this week and ask if they are going to do the holidays with you and if they are say in that case you will charge whilst they are at nursery to reserve the sapce.

Dec 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I would be frank with Mum and tell her what you have put on here and see what she says. As its twins it is probably valuable to you money wise so if Mum gets upset at the extra fees you could offer her half fees for those hours. I have done this before. Nobody loses face this way lol

6. Likes tarak liked this post
    17/8/12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Thankyou guys. Have checked contract and doesnt say anything about having them in holidays so gona ask mum if she needs me in hols and if so will need to change contract and charge her for a full time place to keep place open. Also if she would like me to be available if the nursery shuts unexpectedly she will also need to pay for full time place. hope she ok with this is around £20 a day more! good job is only 2 days a week. I live and learn! x