Last minute halloween ideas!
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  7
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    May 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Last minute halloween ideas!

As its half term, none of my mindees are coming their usual hours. I didn't think I was working today, so we did all of our halloween activities last week - we made pictures which we hung in the playroom, made chocolate apples etc. Now I have two sibling mindees today, and I'm a bit stuck what to do with them. One is gluten intolerant, mum supplies food for them, so makes any cooking or baking activities awkward as I cant source the ingredients at short notice (I bought special chocolate etc last week as I knew we would be doing the apples). Because we did a lot last week, I'm at a bit of a loss as to what to do today with them re halloween but dont want it to go unmarked.

Any ideas?

sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

How old? Did you take photos last week/
    Print them off and let them make them into a little book about 'our halloween at ...'

Or go and grab some leaves , paint them white and hang them on a bit of cotton ...

I dont do the 'spooky halloween' stuff , we got all sticky playing with pumpkins yesterday , then used the flesh to do pumpkin printing.
    Apples cut in half make perfect pumpkin prints too!

3. Likes jadavi liked this post
    May 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mama2three View Post
    How old? Did you take photos last week/
    Print them off and let them make them into a little book about 'our halloween at ...'

Or go and grab some leaves , paint them white and hang them on a bit of cotton ...

I dont do the 'spooky halloween' stuff , we got all sticky playing with pumpkins yesterday , then used the flesh to do pumpkin printing.
    Apples cut in half make perfect pumpkin prints too!
    Perfect!! I have loads of apples in and lots of big leaves left from our autumn display.

Yes I took lots of photos, thats a fab idea. Thank you. I am not very good at thinking on the hop, I like to know what I am doing when! x

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

If you go on Sparklebox they have some colouring sheets linked to Halloween and some playdough mats which you could print out if your little one can play with playdough.

6. Likes stargazer1 liked this post
    July 96
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

How about doing these

Directions
    Let the child completely cover their paper plate in paint (just make sure it doesn’t go on too thick). Let dry.
    Paint the palm of the child’s hand & 4 fingers (don’t paint the thumb) with black paint! Press down on dry painted plate, being careful to not move the fingers too much. Then, repeat process with other hand. When pressing the 2nd hand down, overlap on the other palm print. That is what forms the spider’s body. Let dry.
    Attach googly eyes or paint on eyes with white & black paint.
    Punch 16 holes around the inside edge of the plate.
    Secure the twine with a large knot on the back side of the plate (you may want to add a little glue to help make sure it doesn’t come through the hole). Then, let the child create a web with the twine, using the plate as a lacing card. (Little ones may need some help with this).
    End the twine in back & secure it by tying it off or gluing it down.
    Hang up & enjoy!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Cherry x

Post Thanks / Like

I made orange and black playdough last week so we're playing with this today and making spiders webs - just circles of black card, hole punched round the edge and wool for mindees to thread through to make the web then spider cut outs with wiggly eyes to glue on web. Like you we had party, did lots of crafts last week but just wanted something simple for today.

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!

jul 00
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cherry View Post
    How about doing these

Directions
    Let the child completely cover their paper plate in paint (just make sure it doesn’t go on too thick). Let dry.
    Paint the palm of the child’s hand & 4 fingers (don’t paint the thumb) with black paint! Press down on dry painted plate, being careful to not move the fingers too much. Then, repeat process with other hand. When pressing the 2nd hand down, overlap on the other palm print. That is what forms the spider’s body. Let dry.
    Secure the twine with a large knot on the back side of the plate (you may want to add a little glue to help make sure it doesn’t come through the hole). Then, let the child create a web with the twine, using the plate as a lacing card. (Little ones may need some help with this).
    Hang up & enjoy!
    love it.we'll be on with this today xxx

May 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cherry View Post
    How about doing these

Directions
    Hang up & enjoy!
    Yay, they are fab, will be doing these today! Thank you x

sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

if youre heading out and about take some wool with you - we made great spiders webs in the trees , would be good for halloween too...
    Attached Files Attached Files

sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Decided to get out in the fresh air this morning and do the webs again - hope they enjoy it as much as last time!