Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Mar 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Computershare Childcare Vouchers

Hi all,

I have a parent who has just set up Computershare vouchers - this month is the first month she'll be using them. I had a text from her last week (Monday 22nd) telling me that she'd transferred £243 via Computershare and the remainder of the monthly fee would be by cheque (cheque has been handed over and banked so all okay there).

I checked this morning to see if the Computershare money had gone into my bank account and there is nothing there. I've not even had an email from Computershare advising me that any money is due to be paid.

So, I logged into my Computershare account this morning and it says under 'transaction summary' that £243 has been 'paid in' by my parent on 22nd October.

It's been a week now and I've still got no money even though it says it has been paid in. Is it normal for things to take a week to clear or is it possible that the parent has messed up somehow at their end? Surely Computershare would email me to let me know money is being transferred?

Can anybody help?

July07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

It should take around 3 days to come into your bank, depending on who you bank with. Mines HSBC.
    You should also receive an email to tell you money is going in

Are you new to comp share? Have you sent them a copy of your cert yet?

If so then give them a ring as it should have come through by now
    Last edited by JCrakers; 29-10-2012 at 10:41 AM.
    Time Out.. The perfect time for thinking about what you're going to destroy next.

jan 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi, one of my parents have just registered with them, but I haven't had anything yet, just waiting to see what happens.

However, I phoned them to confirm they had the right address for me (which they didn't have), and the parents had given me my account number with them so i could give it as a ref.

You should have had your vouchers account number by now, so if you haven't I would ring the parents and ask.

Second step would be to just call them and ask when the payment should arrive on your account.

Not much help I'm afraid. Keep us updated!

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Remember that you might need to specifiy a payment period on your Computershare account. EG, it might be set to pay money to you on a certain day of the month like the 1st. If so you need to change it to daily.
    I had to do this to one of my voucher accounts but I can't remember which one it was??

xxx

Mar 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JCrakers View Post
    It should take around 3 days to come into your bank, depending on who you bank with. Mines HSBC.

Are you new to comp share? Have you sent them a copy of your cert yet?

If so then give them a ring as it should have come through by now
    Yep, I'm new to Comp share but they've had everything from me including a copy of my certificate and I've had a letter letting me know everything is set up. I'm with Co-operative Bank.

I'm wondering whether mum hasn't done something at her end - I'm confused looking at my transaction history as the £243 shows in the 'payment in' column but the 'payment out' column is empty. Is the payment out column for payments I might make to someone else?

I'll give them a call I think.

jul 00
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

i had this the first time i used computorshare.Get parent to phone up.I phoned up aswell.They need to authorise it and you need to specify payment period,daily is best as monthly meens it wont go in till next month.Ive had no problems since,just initial teething problem

July07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

It just looks like the payment has got stuck. Give them a ring

It usually says payment in and then payment out follows very shortly after meaning 2-3 days for it to reach your bank
    Time Out.. The perfect time for thinking about what you're going to destroy next.

may 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

yep I had the same thing the first month, parent has to inform computer share that its a daily payment other wise they pay you a month in areas. After that I had no problem and as long as the parents released the vouchers on time I always got paid on time

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Log in to your Computershare account online. Go to My Details tab and then Bank Details. Scroll down and you will see Payment Frequency. You need to set that to Daily.

xx

10. Likes mrstom liked this post
    Mar 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks all.

I've changed my payment frequency to 'daily'. Hopefully that'll sort it out

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I had the same - it was set up to go across to me on the 1st - mum's money went in on the 3rd and the whole system stopped waiting for the 1st of the NEXT month!!

They were very helpful when I rang them. Hopefully you are sorted now

Mar 12
    Post Thanks / Like

All sorted! Thanks all

All I had to do was change my payment setting to 'daily'. Remittance advice came through this morning.

Really wish they'd put together some kind of trouble shooting guide on their website. Would save a lot of bother.

Dec 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a parent that uses Computershare and recently payments have been very late in the month. I will log on and change the payment to daily and see if that helps. Thanks for the tip!!