Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Oct 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Hand,foot and mouth disease

One of my LO's came to my setting yesterday with sores round his mouth and spots on body-mum had been to docs who'd said definitely not impetigo and rash was dermatitis....something at back of mind niggled and made me google it and his symptoms matched those of hand,foot and mouth.

Rang mum to warn her and she said that a creche he goes to has been closed all week due to an outbreak of this...doh!!

I've obviously said I can't have him until his next session Wednesday and then only if well,given her advice on his care,have washed down hard surfaces,change mat,highchair,etc with weak bleach solution and informed all parents reassuring them that it's not dangerous but do I need to inform anyone else?

Sept 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

The day nursery my dd works at had that last week, they sent home numerous children and only had 2 left on the friday, hope you all stay clear
    and lo gets over it quick
    Cath

Nov 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

HPA states just to keep off school/nursery whilst unwell - you do not need to inform anyone

aug 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Satisfactory
    Post Thanks / Like

LO i have had it last week

may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

You don't have to exclude for this unless a major outbreak - I had a lo week before last with this, and although she only had it in her mouth, I constantly washed everyones hands, only had out toys that I could anti bac and watched what she played with - no-one else has gone down with it and we are past the incubation time.

Oct 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

I asked mum not to send LO Friday-he's not back till Wednesday so should be fine by then-just had another LO's mum txt to say her LO is now poorly with it.....oh joy!

Sept 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

We've had it here too. 5 out of 11 of my LO's had it. Some bad and needed antibiotics but others only very mild. Interestingly only 2 had an accurate diagnosis from GP, others were told teething rash, nappy rash and impetigo. They know nothing!