Childminding Assistants
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Childminding Assistants

Hi, i need some help and i was wondering if anyone could give me some advice. i have assistants working with me who are all family, and i've just found out i am supposed to have a file on them to show how i give them all the information they need, as well as doing a 4 weekly appraisal on each of can, observing them doing a observation on a child, can anyone give me some advice where to start, thank you Michelle

Apr 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Why do they need to do obs? My hubby is my assistant, I am the primary carer and as I am the childminder I do all obs.

As I keep saying...isn't it great that the revised EYFS gives us so much less paperwork to do?!

Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

can I ask who told you that?? i dont do any of that with my assistant *(daughter) just have a basic file about her with her first aid certificate and list of qualifications in....also copies of signed consents from parents to allow her to be left...she doesnt do obs and I dont appraise her

Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't see why they should have to do obs. The CM has to act as "key person" for every child. I suppose it might help if you could get them to do some obs, just to back up your own and cross-check your results.

I keep a sort of CPD/training record for my assistant (Mrs bunyip). It's really just to sign and date when she does her first aid, and to show she's read my policies, RAs and any updates.

Post Thanks / Like

Default reply on assistants files,

Hi because i have assistants i had to go on appraisal course through our local council, and we were told we need a file to show how we pass all the information to our assistants, also we have to do 4 to 6 weekly appraisals with assistants, and have all what we do and say to them in a file for ofsted to see, i just dont know where to start.