weekly planning?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    may10
    Post Thanks / Like

Default weekly planning?

does everone do weekly planning linked to the areas of learning??

Im thinking of just having a document telling parents what activities we are doing that week - i used to link all the activtives planned to areas of learning but it just seems like im repeating myself whrn doing my weekly evaulation if you see what i mean

how does everyone do this??

May 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

i try and do weekly planning for each child but sometimes, like this week it hasnt gone to plan as 2 are sick so will carry it forward to next week, ive only got littlies and find im struggling with planning and actually meeting the planning that i aim to do iyswim, activities dont really work as a group because they either arent interested or the youngest who is just one messes it up or tries to eat everything
    I love my friends who live inside my laptop xx

Sept 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a planning sheet for each child which is for about 6 to 8 weeks (I usually go off the school half terms) It includes the childs interests, next steps and gaps in tracker, also I try and link to any themes we may be doing such as Autumn. I find a weekly plan to much hassle and like you say you don't stick to it. I share it with parents and they can put any thing on that the child likes doing or is interested in at home.

At the end of each half term I will go back through my obs and do anoter planning sheet for the next half term, hope that makes sense

No idea if it is right or wrong, but it works for me and also helps me to track their progress
    Last edited by 2kidsunder5; 17-10-2012 at 10:39 AM.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

There will be a big focus on sharing information with parents in the revised EYFS inspections - so anything you can do to show that you are sharing and including their suggestions in the child's learning will be great!