Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    jan 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default NCMA Accounts Book

I suddenly realised i am very lost filling in my ncma accounts book,

i have filled in the weekly costs etc but not done the monthly ones or the record of payments (parts 2 and 3). i have a family of 3 children and have lumped the total fees together in my excel spreadsheet, but i think my ncma is asking for each individual child fees on the part 2 - monthly accounts, yet on part 3 it appears i can lump them together as a family. do i need to sit and figure out each childs fees?

i am also lumping together all food shopping for all children as i really dont want to work out for each child, is that wrong? they have a seperate shelf in fridge and freezer so no one touches it.but heres my prob, i get 1 pound per day when ever a child stays for lunch so its seperate from my fees but where do i add this income to on parts 2 and 3?

im so confused and very sorry for rambling on and hope someone understands me. my support minder doesnt use ncma so doesnt really know what to do.

need to go do a school run so wont be long

leanne
    xx
    Don't let your halo slip and strangle you!!

Leanne
    xx

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: NCMA Accounts Book

At the end of the day it doesn't matter how you get to the final figures, so you can use whatever method you want.

The tax office doesn't give a flying fig whether you use an ncma book, an accountant, home made paperwork etc.

You still get the same benefits, the same deductions etc as when you use the ncma book - they go on about how they have negotiated special terms with the tax people, and they have - but those special terms are for every childminder, not just childminders who use their paperwork.

If you are finding their book confusing, you can work out a way of doing it you are happy with.

All the tax office cares about is that your figures add up if they ever want to check them... so you need ...

Total income - total expenses = total for tax purposes.

Get there however you are most comfortable!

jan 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: NCMA Accounts Book

Thanks sarah, i will muddle thru the way i prefer to and see what happens, lol

leanne
    xx
    Don't let your halo slip and strangle you!!

Leanne
    xx