Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Dec 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default This may be silly!!

Im in need of advice i have two minded children aged 5 and 11 yrs do i need to do all the observations for these two?
    I really dont understand what we have to do for the birth to 3 matters is it as it says on the tin just for birth to 3 yrs?

Im sorry if this is a stupid question im just at a loose end and im terrified about my inspection

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: This may be silly!!

I have sent you a message

Angel xx

Sept 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm confused too as I'm minding a girl who'll turn 4 in March. I dread those three little words: Birth To Three. By the time I do the course in March I'll be a nervous wreck! Tasha's been helping via phone and email over Xmas (thanks Tasha ) but it's still really hard trying to implement something you know next to zilch about. I shall probably pass out with fight when the inspector calls

Dec 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Angel has e.mailed me with different things for birth to 3 and now im alot more confident on what i have to do its very hard for me to explain what i mean but im sure Angel will help you out or if its ok with her i can forward the e.mails on to you with her permission ofcourse...

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Just to clarify...

Birth to 3 covers ages 0 - 3 unless child is delayed in which case carry on birth to 3 until they are ready ... or child is gifted in which case, start Foundation Stage earlier, but only with advice! Activity ideas by our resident Angelic expert - see Birth to 3 thread.

Ages 4-5 follow Foundation Stage at school and with you... obs and planning again, following the 6 areas of learning and development... Foundation Stage link pinned in Birth to 3 thread.

From Sept 2008 (earlier if already inspected)... EYFS for all ages from 0 - 5...

Hope this makes sense!

jan 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

so do we have to do these obs/daily diaries/eyfs stuff etc for the older children say 6-13 years old. im all confused now but have my training at the end of jan, thank goodness.

leanne
    xx
    Don't let your halo slip and strangle you!!

Leanne
    xx

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

You might like to do a scrap book of photos with added comments or get the child to help you make a folder they can put work in, then present to mum or dad when they leave or make a note and add pictures or entry tickets and brochures when you do special outings etc for over 5s, but you are not legally obliged to do the obs/planning etc.

You would, however, for good practice, want to plan your days and show you have put some thought into what you are offering a 5-8 year old child, as Ofsted do inspect for up to 8 year olds... it's just not a legal requirement for that age group.

I do monthly photo obs for all my after-schoolers, plus a little written something and they add stuff to their files quite often - they like making them up and it's a good way to get to know what they like. For example E, aged 6, likes skipping - so I started a skipping page for her and she records how many skips she does in a row with the date, plus there's a photo of her skipping etc etc... she's taken ownership of the book, but I add stuff as well with her approval.

jan 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Sarah, thats a great help

leanne
    xx
    Don't let your halo slip and strangle you!!

Leanne
    xx

Dec 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

thanks all

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Chez

How is it going - have you got your head around most stuff now or you still confused ?

Angel xx

Dec 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Angel

ive gots lots of info to be getting through so ill tell you when ive done it all thanks again

cheryl