Just completed my first 2 year check a week early!
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Just completed my first 2 year check a week early!

Have just completed my first 2 year developmental check and had interview with parents today - I know it is a bit early but going on holiday tomorrow and the little boy starts his new Nursery on 4th - so post dated the 2 year check so Nursery have got it for their starting points.

I wrote far too much under each heading and even included a brief paragraph regarding the 4 Specific areas. Found the characteristics of learning hard - need to get my head round that better - I wanted to show off to the Nursery, that as a Childminder I am just as good as them - if not better. Probably won't do as much for the next one, as this one took about 20 hours.

Enjoyed the parent interview chance to get my own back - the childs father was my daughters tutor for 3 years and I had to sit across table from him at parents evenings, while he waffled on!

I emailed the report to them to read at home and suggested they think of ways they can do next steps of development with him at home, we discussed report, they thought it was accurate, we signed it and they have copy to give to Nursery (but not next week when attending for settling in sessions - told them to wait until 4th)! But what difference will a week make anyway?

Right must go and pack now - this time tomorrow will be on plane to Spain

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Crikey you area has early 2 year health visitor checks!! Ours are all running really late and they are almost 3...

We will learn as we go with the checks I think. Well done you for writing your first!

Have a lovely holiday

Nov 93
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Can you come and do some of ours we have 4 who turn 2 between now and Christmas I think we will be well practiced by next summer

well done enjoy your holiday

may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

He has already had his HV check but just thought if I was going to do starting points for Nursery I may as well do it officially. Think I did far too much - was showing off to his father (my daughters tutor) and Nursery!

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Golly well done.

20 hours! I won't be spending that amount of time on them that's for sure.

Sarah in our area a lot of our HV don't even do a face to face check at the moment they send the parent a questionnaire in the post and don't even follow up if it isn't returned

We have been told to do checks on children we have in our care as close to their 2yr birthday as possible. They are hoping to get HV in line by 2015!

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

i've got one to do in September. Need to make an appointment with mum to complete it. won't take me 20 hours but getting the fliiping grids in some sort of format might!
    if you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Juggler View Post
    i've got one to do in September. Need to make an appointment with mum to complete it. won't take me 20 hours but getting the fliiping grids in some sort of format might!

(don't know why I'm laughing - I've got to make one too! )

Well done Hector'sHouse - have a good holiday too!

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!