Accept Government Funding
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    sep 08
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Accept Government Funding

I have been asked if I can accept government funding for a child I care for. I presume as a registered child minder I can? She is turning three end of July and will go to pre school for 9 hours a week and wants to use the other 6 to help pay me. Don't know where to look. Help please? Thanks

Sept 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

You need to get in touch with your DO and find out if there is an accredited network in your area. What you have to do and how long it takes varies a lot in different areas. Ours is releatively easy but I know some are a real pain. Hope yours is one of the easy ones!

Pipsqueak Guest

yep - as Boris says you need to be approved or accredited before drawing down the funding.
    you may not necessarily need to be on a network, some LA's allow minders to be accredited individually.

as suggested speak to your EY team

good luck

July07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes you will have to become accredited and different councils have different rules. My council seems to be ruled with a rod of iron but others are more fortunate.

Find out what you need to do, I needed an ofsted good, level 3 in childcare, a business plan, tons of extra paperwork, a qualification in gymnastics to jump through all the hoops and a pint of blood.
    Only kidding with the last bit btw