Ideas to promote friendship
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    md0u0131 Guest

Default Ideas to promote friendship

I have two mindees both age 5 in the same class at school, they both come at 7:30am till school (we leave about 8:30) so I have them for a maximum 1hr a day. All they do in that hour is bicker, fall out, argue, be generally nasty to eachother but then claim to be friends at other times!

Has anyone any good activities/ideas for promoting friendship or at least tolerance of eachother?

Registered Childminder since
    Dec 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

At that time of the morning I'd put the tv on and sit them at opposite ends of the sofa!

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

They might be happy bickering - some children are!

If not I'd divide and conquer for a while see if that helps them remember that they can have fun together

Oct 97
    Post Thanks / Like

What about games like guess who where they have to co operate or the game falls flat.

Sometimes you just have to leave them to it and work it out door themselves.

Sept 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bridey View Post
    At that time of the morning I'd put the tv on and sit them at opposite ends of the sofa!
    Love it exactly what I was going to say.
    Cath

July 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I would say just leave 'em to it, as long as they don't get violent towards one another, then obviously step in. They obviously see a lot of one another if they're in the same class and probably play with one another/eat lunch together etc at school. I have a 6yo mindee and my own DS who's nearly 6 and they're also in the same class - I have mindee after school and holidays, so they see an awful lot of one another. They bicker/fight/shout at one another sometimes, one minute they're best friends, then they're not, then they are, then they're not. At least you've only got them for an hour

Hels xx