Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Free milk

Registered Childminder since
    May 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Free milk

I made an enquiry to one of the companies as the child starting with me will be here 2 days one week and 3 the next week and so on.
    I asked how to apply because it only had space to fill in the amount of children I have in one week and obviously it varies week to week.
    They told me to fill it in as though the child is with me 3 days every week as it will be easier for the dairy to keep record...surely this isn't right? Every other week I would be over claiming?

may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I suppose you could just claim for the 2 days if you wanted to protect yourself - but the arrangements seem very loose in that even a child coming for just a few hours a day is entitled to same as child coming all day - I realised recently that I was over claiming as hadn't notified the company that a child had left and it annoys me that I can't claim for the 5 year old who comes at 7.30 am, brings 2 weetabix and I have to supply the milk (and she likes lots of it)!

Feb 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good Aug12
    Post Thanks / Like

How does claiming milk work? I never knew we could do this, is it worth doing?

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by *Katrina* View Post
    I made an enquiry to one of the companies as the child starting with me will be here 2 days one week and 3 the next week and so on.
    I asked how to apply because it only had space to fill in the amount of children I have in one week and obviously it varies week to week.
    They told me to fill it in as though the child is with me 3 days every week as it will be easier for the dairy to keep record...surely this isn't right? Every other week I would be over claiming?
    That's why I prefer to claim my own money back. At least then I can claim the exact amount for the right number of children.

You would be over claiming every other week, but I guess it would only be for a very small amount (whatever the company claims for 1/3 of a pint of milk).

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hectors house View Post
    I suppose you could just claim for the 2 days if you wanted to protect yourself - but the arrangements seem very loose in that even a child coming for just a few hours a day is entitled to same as child coming all day - I realised recently that I was over claiming as hadn't notified the company that a child had left and it annoys me that I can't claim for the 5 year old who comes at 7.30 am, brings 2 weetabix and I have to supply the milk (and she likes lots of it)!
    The scheme is for children under the age of 5yrs and is designed to provide them with 1/3rd of a pint of milk per day. It doesn't matter if the come for 2 hours or 9 hours, it's just one amount per day, not enough mik to keep them going through the day.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLegsCM View Post
    How does claiming milk work? I never knew we could do this, is it worth doing?
    Have a look at the nursery milk website

http://www.nurserymilk.co.uk/index.html

may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    The scheme is for children under the age of 5yrs and is designed to provide them with 1/3rd of a pint of milk per day. It doesn't matter if the come for 2 hours or 9 hours, it's just one amount per day, not enough mik to keep them going through the day.
    I know I can't claim for this child now she is 5 but annoying that I only have her for an 1 1/2 hours before school and she gets through so much milk for her weetabix (much prefer it when she brings cornflakes)!

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hectors house View Post
    I know I can't claim for this child now she is 5 but annoying that I only have her for an 1 1/2 hours before school and she gets through so much milk for her weetabix (much prefer it when she brings cornflakes)!
    Weetabix does soak up an unreasonably large amount of milk

I'm lucky, one of my mindees has Weetabix, but mum sends a pot of milk as well