Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Apr 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Parent looking elsewhere for childcare

Hi,

I am new to Childminding so not sure if this is normal or not.

I have a baby I care for nearly full time, so she is my main income. The parents seem happy with me although there have been a few issues with them wanting to change hours with no notice and wanting to swap hours at short notice etc.

I keep seeing them on childcare.co.uk, they log in most days... What does that mean? Should I exepect them to be leaving me do you think?

Jul 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

It may just be that they keep receiving messages on there from other childminders as they have seen there advert. And then once they have logged in their advert is pushed up the page leading to others to then reply to it.

If that makes any sense

Oct 05
    Post Thanks / Like

They might be logging on to read messages they have recieved from others or even to gain access to details for a friend!

Apr 12
    Post Thanks / Like

yeah that could be it. I didn't realise it would make me feel so insulted! Haha I need to lighten up, you don't think I should say anything then?

Apr 12
    Non childminder member
    parent
    Post Thanks / Like

I had the same thing happen, I saw the family I have signed contracts with keep going on childcare.co.uk again. Then I realised that maybe they were receiving messages from other childminders as their profile is still on there, thus making them reply and putting them as being logged in. Well I hope thats the case, I'm sure they are happy though else they wouldn't have comminted!!

Jan 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

I would mention something. I only have the one child in ey bracket and was under impression that I was having sibling when mum returned to work. While I was away on holiday parents had put a post on childcare. I spotted it when I got back and surprise on first day attending mom advised me that they were moving and gave me notice.
    Children are born with wings we help them to fly.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PrettyFlowers View Post
    yeah that could be it. I didn't realise it would make me feel so insulted! Haha I need to lighten up, you don't think I should say anything then?
    I don't think I would say anything, it sounds as though there is a logical explanation why they keep logging in.

I'd concentrate on telling them how happy their lo is with you

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!