Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Feb 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default OMG!! Just had the call

Hi,

Its my first inspection next week, its the same lady that came to register me which makes me feel a little bit better, but am sooo nervous.

I have read many tips on here so I know quite a few things that I need to have ready but any advice would be very much appreciated.

Some people have said on here that because its their 1st inspection you can only get satisfactory, is that correct?

She also said that I do not need to do an SEF but can I think of something that I have done but then changed to make things work better!! Can not think of anything.

Anything you can think of that may help would be great.

Thanks

melco

md0u0131 Guest

Firstly good luck!

You can get higher than satisfactory - I got good but know of people who got outstanding too on their first - don't let her use that as an excuse!

Personally I would do a SEF - or at least make a start on it.

What worked for me was to put all the paperwork on the kitchen table and I played in the conservatory and outside with the kids but just made sure I spoke extra loud to them so she could hear me!