Schoolie aged 4- classed as under 5?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Dec 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Schoolie aged 4- classed as under 5?

Hi all,

I've possibly got a little boy starting in September. Only problem.. He's 4. Does He count as an under 5!? (if so I'm over my numbers) or over 5 as he's in full time education?

Thanks

Mar 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi
    I have the same situation in Sept with a little girl who's 4 and starting school. My certificate from Ofsted states that 4 yr old school children before and after school and in the holidays can be included in the 5-8 yr category. This is OK as long as you don't go over your total allowance of children. I would check your certificate/ask Ofsted.

VINASOL Guest

If a child is in full-time education (so attending morning and afternoon sessions) then they are classed as rising-5s (they are not classed as rising 5 if they just attend morning/stay for lunch etc). However, you need to make sure you have this on your certificate; if not you will need to inform Ofsted and then they can issue a new one.

My 4 yr olds that i had last year, became rising 5s after they were at school all day. You just need to be within your maximum numbers (i.e. 5 under 8)

May '09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

My local school, even though the term starts on 6/9/12, the new reception children will not start attending full time (full morning and afternoon) until 21/9/12.

So this is the day any 4y children can be counted as a rising 4 / schoolies.

Nov 93
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VINASOL View Post
    If a child is in full-time education (so attending morning and afternoon sessions) then they are classed as rising-5s (they are not classed as rising 5 if they just attend morning/stay for lunch etc). However, you need to make sure you have this on your certificate; if not you will need to inform Ofsted and then they can issue a new one.

My 4 yr olds that i had last year, became rising 5s after they were at school all day. You just need to be within your maximum numbers (i.e. 5 under 8)
    As from September you will not need this written on your certificate as ofsted will no longer be issuing variations